MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW

Pray we don't need him to covert a 1-and-1 with 10 seconds left and the game on the line. But I do think he's capable of playing well and having a big game at some point in the tourney.

No chance... We are at our best when we play up tempo, fast break post turnover basketball. We are at our worst when we play half court set basketball.

ZERO real production from the 5 (very Atypical CUSE), spotty at best outside threats = MCW trying to make unrealistic/dangerous plays. He is a GREAT athlete playing basketball. Almost no reason to defend his 3pt shot. He is really only dangerous on drives to the hoop. Triche and him need to do it all day long.

I can't stand the way CBS has bashed us this year. But you know what? Most of it is fair.

The lack of consistent production @ the 5 and the erratic play of MCW/Triche will define this year and the NCAA.

and please, HIT SOME FT's!
His banked 3 notwithstanding, he usually hits front rim on his shots. Get your legs into it Michael!

agree. mcw scares the hell outta me in close games down the stretch. sadly i think thats gonna be our downfall. turnovers and missed free throws in a tight game.
Do you think MCW will be back in Orange next year ? I think it's 50-50 .

im more confident in mcw than triche at the line with 10 seconds to go with the game in the balance

I have a feeling we will have easy wins until the Final Four.
I like your optimism but don't see it happening. I am hoping BT figures it out, he has been really frustrating.

I hate our fans sometimes its so embarrassing how hard they are on MCW.

I am a huge MCW fan. Very much enjoying this years team with him running it. I like Southerland, Fair, and Triche as well and expect these 4 guys to have a good tournament.

I think our bigs will play well you'll see Rak Keita and Grant have their moments.

Its been a decent year mostly spent in the top 10 and I am pretty pumped for the tournament. Love Carter Williams think he's gonna have a few great games over the next couple weeks. Special player and I think he has toughened up over the course of the year and is ready to produce when the games get chippy and physical.

Any of our fake fans who hates on MCW can suck mine and his nuts when he drops 30 on IU and Oladipo in a couple weeks down in DC.

I am a huge MCW fan. Very much enjoying this years team with him running it. I like Southerland, Fair, and Triche as well and expect these 4 guys to have a good tournament.

I think our bigs will play well you'll see Rak Keita and Grant have their moments.

Its been a decent year mostly spent in the top 10 and I am pretty pumped for the tournament. Love Carter Williams think he's gonna have a few great games over the next couple weeks. Special player and I think he has toughened up over the course of the year and is ready to produce when the games get chippy and physical.

Any of our fake fans who hates on MCW can suck mine and his nuts when he drops 30 on IU and Oladipo in a couple weeks down in DC.

I will not hold my breath on the Oladipo prediction.

Yea at other times he looks like a 1st year starter and basically a 1st year player. I think sometimes that goes overlooked around here you can't tell me that L'villes experience did'nt play into the game Saturday.
When you're 35 games into the season and have logged the minutes MCW has against a bear of a schedule, it's time to lose the "1st year player" stuff. For what it's worth, MCW has already played more minutes here than Dion Waiters did in his two seasons.

MCW falls on the high risk/high reward end of the point guard spectrum. That's not what I expected him to be, but that's what he is right now, at least against elite competion.

I "liked" this post at the time, and I "love" it now.

Talk about a prediction: That MCW will drop 30 on IU...I'm sure people were very much dismissive of that prediction at the time, but wow was it ever close to what really happened.

I'd be remiss if I didn't say this too...the way some on this board have bashed our own players this season...I'll never understand it. And I'll just leave it at that.

(I'm also tempted to bump-up each & every thread started this season along the lines of "How is MCW a lottery pick?"...I mean, honestly, if you watch the kid play - a 6-6 PG with his court vision, who will, after this season, be ranked in the top 5 in BOTH total assists & total steals in a season for a player at SU, who also averages almost 5 rebounds a game as well - well, then there is obviously nothing I can say (or anyone) to change your mind, because you either are trying your best not to see it for some reason, or (hopefully this isn't the case) you just don't know about basketball. But I won't bump all those threads, for the sake of everyone's sanity, lol.)

I'm really happy for our boys after tonight's beat-down of a really good team. And I'm also pumped for our young PG, who played like a star tonight, on the biggest of stages. No matter how the rest of this season goes, I will never forget tonight's performance. Really proud of the team tonight & knew they had it in them.

And just a cool stat I thought I'd throw in here, courtesy of ESPN:

What a big performance for Michael Carter-Williams on both ends of the floor. No player has ever scored a higher percentage of his team's points in a win vs a 1 seed while picking up at least 4 steals than Syracuse's sophomore point guard. [-]

Highest Pct of Team Pts in Win vs 1 Seed - With 4 Steals Opponent

2013 Michael Carter-Williams, SYR Sweet 16 vs Indiana 39.3

1983 Terry Fair, UGA Sweet 16 St. John's 38.5

1988 Danny Manning, KU Title Game vs Oklahoma 37.3

PREACH!!!!
Iron Sheik.jpg

Yup.

Didn't exactly take nostradamus to know that MCW is the best guard in America any real Syracuse fan could have told you that when it came down to the Dance he was going to use his size and overall awesomeness to play like it!