MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW

@AdamZagoria: Carter-Williams leads all rookies in points (17.5), assists (6.7), rebounds (5.7), and steals (2.5) per game
i hate being the contrarian here (this time, anyway), but i hope people are ok with his numbers backing off as he gets more talent around him. i hope folks are smart enough not to use his stats as a ridiculous benchmark for him to build from. after this year, the metric will (should) be wins.

I remember his sophmore year come early december alot of people were saying how dare you crown him as the next magic johnson,

:p

i hate being the contrarian here (this time, anyway), but i hope people are ok with his numbers backing off as he gets more talent around him. i hope folks are smart enough not to use his stats as a ridiculous benchmark for him to build from. after this year, the metric will (should) be wins.
Don't make me go Soupy Campbell on you.
tumblr_mp84wfeLKZ1sxif5fo1_400.gif

Imagine if they got Wiggins . . . if any NBA team was going to try to play zone as more than an occassional defense in the NBA, it would be a team with a 6-6 and 6-8 set of long armed guards

Not to mention Noel is a perfect 5 man for a 2-3 which was why I was so sad to see him go elsewhere.

Hopefully his assists will get a bump with more talent around him.

I remember his sophmore year come early december alot of people were saying how dare you crown him as the next magic johnson,

:p

I really liken his game to Magic. I'm not saying he's going to have that type of career but the things he does and mannerisms/style just remind me of Magic.

You too? He has reminded me of Magic too, the hunched over, heads up, lanky, no-look pass, Magic.
LennX6, Apr 12, 2012

Even before that :)

Imagine if they got Wiggins . . . if any NBA team was going to try to play zone as more than an occassional defense in the NBA, it would be a team with a 6-6 and 6-8 set of long armed guards
How 'bout a Marcus Smart or even McDermott as a backcourt mate? Wiggins ain't doing anything for me. 8th man off an NBA bench.

Timonen said:

The only thing that would legit go down would be the points. No reason the assists wouldn't go up and rebounds stay close.

Oh, every Philly fan is perfectly aware of this! :) This is the first year i've kept up with the Sixers in forever and it's to confirm that they lost that night. when they win, especially on a night when milwaukee wins, that's a major fail.

Eh, no worries - there will be lots of "injuries" as the season progresses to make sure the Sixers don't win too many games.

The only thing that would legit go down would be the points. No reason the assists wouldn't go up and rebounds stay close.
Not necessarily. If wiggins or Parker, the ball could flow through them. The less he handles, the fewer assists he may get. Agree on rebounds. Either way, just dreaming at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom