MCW's last 2 games | Syracusefan.com

MCW's last 2 games

He looks so much more comfortable. Its great to see a player make an adjustment and have it make such an immediate impact.

Fantastic game today from him, and a nice game for him against ND.

Offense seems a lot more confident with Southerland back.

Playing so under control. Had a couple plays (lob passes) that weren't great...but that's fine. PGs have to take chances. Overall, really pleased with his game today. His defense was EXCELLENT.

Whether he realizes it or not (seems like he does) this is what pushes his draft stock higher, as well. His court vision and assists are what make him a "special" talent.

Best part is the first line. 12 shots over 2 games. 3 shots like he took against ND isn't gonna happen, but when he is taking 12-15 shots a game, that's probably not a good sign.

With Dirty back less shots for everyone... And that's a good thing

I'll be the first to agree the last two games have been very good for MCW. But, he sure doesn't look like he is really enjoying it. I still haven't seen a smile from him in these two games where he is playing the way he needs for the team to be successful.

I'll be the first to agree the last two games have been very good for MCW. But, he sure doesn't look like he is really enjoying it. I still haven't seen a smile from him in these two games where he is playing the way he needs for the team to be successful.

I've seen Triche smile like two times in 4 years. Not really a big deal. You can tell he was having a good time today regardless of the look on his face.

he smiles most after he gets a steal or starts one- kid likes playing defense

he really only had 2 and a half bad games all year...and in one of those games he single handily won it for us down the stretch. not sure what the big panic was in the first place?

It kind of seems to me that MCW got a wake-up call in some form or another because these past two games have been very different from what he had turned his game into. He seems to have refocused his play towards what got him the spotlight to begin with earlier in the season - heady ball distribution. There have been far fewer attempts to finish around the rim, and much more effort at getting teammates the ball. His incredible ability to find teammates is what makes him special (and what makes the team so much better!), not his horrid attempts at trying to finish around the rim. I love this renewed focus on what he does best, and with Southerland back, we should be riding pretty high going into March!

I've seen Triche smile like two times in 4 years. Not really a big deal. You can tell he was having a good time today regardless of the look on his face.

Triche was smiling after that nasty throw down after J-South's dish. He threw that windmill dunk down with authority!

He only slipped once today, and I think that was just to catch up to BT after he had his early in the first half.

Those two are neck and neck for that title this year. It would be closer but MCW went slip crazy against 'Nova.

BT is averaging 1.6 slips per game.
MCW is at 1.9.
:)

He only slipped once today, and I think that was just to catch up to BT after he had his early in the first half.

Those two are neck and neck for that title this year. It would be closer but MCW went slip crazy against 'Nova.

BT is averaging 1.6 slips per game.
MCW is at 1.9.
:)

What is it with all the slipping this year? I can kind of see it on a court with an ice rink under it, but the Dome? Yesterday Triche slipped twice, once on a drive and shot in the lane, MCW once, CJ once and a SJ player once. These sneakers need stick em on them.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Yes, MCW game has "gone back" to early season...more assists, less shooting, better defense. But don't forget Triche has had nearly identicle points, assists, and rebounds the last two games...both guards are playing well...and with Dirty back and Grant upsiding along with MVP CJ...'Cuse going well into March Madness!!!

Not sure if this makes sense...but it seems Syracuse plays much better when I have to look at the box score and realize then that MCW played a good game...

I know we can be really critical of these kids sometimes when their games are off, especially when it seems like they aren't playing "team" ball. MCW has looked really good and seems to have his head back on straight the last couple of games. With Dirty back I am really, really pumped! Got to think our karmas back finally!

While I agree that Carter-Williams has played more under control the last couple of games, IMO people are underestimating how much an opponent's game plan as well as the general quality of the opponent can affect how a guy like Carter-Williams plays.

His poor stretch of games came against a string of opponents that, for the most part, applied much more pressure to Carter-Williams while he was handling the ball. Neither Notre Dame or St. John's made much of an effort to force him to certain spots on the floor.

Also, as of today, the rankings for the fewest points/possession allowed in Big East play are the following: 1. Louisville 2. Pitt 3. Villanova. Notre Dame is 14 and St. John's is 7.

Black...those are definitely very good points. It does still feel like he's refocused. Whatever has contributed to the noticeable difference these last couple of games, I sure hope it continues!

He looks so much more comfortable. Its great to see a player make an adjustment and have it make such an immediate impact.
more importantly it means he's "coachable" as all reports suggest he was spoken to and he listened. That's nice to see and will cause some of us critics to back off. After the way things were turning out this is a nice developement and bodes well for the success of the team. Way to go MCW.

What is it with all the slipping this year? I can kind of see it on a court with an ice rink under it, but the Dome? Yesterday Triche slipped twice, once on a drive and shot in the lane, MCW once, CJ once and a SJ player once. These sneakers need stick em on them.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

I don't slip that much playing in my rec league out in Camillus, and I don't think that floor has been cleaned in 20 years!

Yes, MCW game has "gone back" to early season...more assists, less shooting, better defense. But don't forget Triche has had nearly identicle points, assists, and rebounds the last two games...both guards are playing well...and with Dirty back and Grant upsiding along with MVP CJ...'Cuse going well into March Madness!!!

Yes, he's "gone back" - - to the future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom