MD... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MD...

We go 3 deep at center, when was the last time we had that? Never.
as recently as 2017 when dajuan, lydon and tt all saw minutes there
but the best answer is the great 2012 squad, when all 3 of fab, baye & rak all played 30 or more games & garnered 400 or more minutes

Why didn't we win championships with Arinze and Fab? Because they were both unavailable and we had no viable replacement. K, Dude.
arinze had ricky, fab had both baye and rak
perfect replacements? no
viable? absolutely

This is the strongest Syracuse has ever been at the center position.

Ummmmm... I just thought of a player(s) that did a pretty good job at SU. Don't know if you remember them but I do and they would put PC, BS, and MD on the bench for a long time. So I disagree with you here. We've had better more dominant centers on that front line.

It was in the NCAA tournament his junior year that Seikaly put his game together. Fueled by some caustic remarks by announcer Brent Musberger, Seikaly exploded for 33 points against Florida and the Gators' highly touted Duane Schintzius. Staying on a roll, Seikaly helped Syracuse knock off the favored North Carolina Tar Heels with 26 points and 11 rebounds, leading the Orangemen to the Final Four. The Orangemen would eventually lose to Indiana in the championship game, but Seikaly dominated throughout most the tournament.

Seikaly played his senior season with a more consistent game, with strong efforts most nights. He would lead the Orangemen in scoring, twice breaking the 30 point mark. He and Derrick Coleman would provide a dominating front line. Seikaly had learned to make the ten foot jumper, and also a nice finger roll to go along with his dunks. He would help Syracuse win the Big East Championship, before they moved on to the NCAA tournament.

Drafted #9 by the Miami Heat in 1988 he was a solid center for them for 11 years. GOSU

with Coleman and Seikaly 87-88 26-9, Conf. 11-5 Big East Champion

86-87 28-7 “ 12 - 4

31-7 lost to Indiana in NCAA Championship Final
GOSU :)

We go 3 deep at center, when was the last time we had that? Never. Marek creates a matchup problem and is a great high port player. Sidibe is getting healthy and can be a scorer down low. And, Chukwu is an intimidating force down low in the zone, which will come into play against the top ACC teams late in the game. 15 fouls to give, a real luxury.
This has got to be satire

Can any complement or show of support be given to the current team without a group of superior cynics shooting it down. I'm aware that Rony was a better center than any of our current guys, but that was a long while ago, so long it doesn't even register any longer. Dejaun was always hurt and that scuttled those seasons. AO was injured and down went that team. Fab was sidelined and that great season of opportunity hit the skids. I believe the 3 guys we have there now are going to take this team quite far, farther than all of you guys can imagine.

This is the strongest Syracuse has ever been at the center position.

You reference is to the present and the past, (see your statement above), to which I replied.

Can any complement or show of support be given to the current team without a group of superior cynics shooting it down. I'm aware that Rony was a better center than any of our current guys, but that was a long while ago, so long it doesn't even register any longer. Dejaun was always hurt and that scuttled those seasons. AO was injured and down went that team. Fab was sidelined and that great season of opportunity hit the skids. I believe the 3 guys we have there now are going to take this team quite far, farther than all of you guys can imagine.
I guess that's the power of the internet. Make an insane comment that contradicts everything that has been posted on here all season, and then call those who make the obvious retort about said comment negative.

I guess that's the power of the internet. Make an insane comment that contradicts everything that has been posted on here all season, and then call those who make the obvious retort about said comment negative.
The problem with the internet is a statement is made, then repeated and then it becomes a fact. Weather or not it's valid or true is immaterial. I see it happen all the time on this board. As far as the center position at SU is concerned, I can count on one hand the number of seasons where injury or lack of depth and resulting constant foul trouble were not a issue. Sidibe is a much better player than people realize, offensively. He is just getting back to his full capabilities from an injury/ Marek creates match-up problem's and will pull big men out of the paint, and I think can, with his quickness, draw fouls on opposing centers. And having a 7'2" guy who plays great defense and has contributed to last years NCAA run as a third option is very high quality depth. I very encouraged by this group and think at this point it's an asset.

RutgersAL?

The problem with the internet is a statement is made, then repeated and then it becomes a fact. Weather or not it's valid or true is immaterial. I see it happen all the time on this board. As far as the center position at SU is concerned, I can count on one hand the number of seasons where injury or lack of depth and resulting constant foul trouble were not a issue. Sidibe is a much better player than people realize, offensively. He is just getting back to his full capabilities from an injury/ Marek creates match-up problem's and will pull big men out of the paint, and I think can, with his quickness, draw fouls on opposing centers. And having a 7'2" guy who plays great defense and has contributed to last years NCAA run as a third option is very high quality depth. I very encouraged by this group and think at this point it's an asset.

We had Derrick Coleman, LeRon Ellis, Conrad McRae, and Richard Manning all on the same team. 4 NBA draft picks who were either legit centers or PF’s that were actually big and could play center.

We had Derrick Coleman, LeRon Ellis, Conrad McRae, and Richard Manning all on the same team. 4 NBA draft picks who were either legit centers or PF’s that were actually big and could play center.
Here we are having a perfectly nice emotion-based discussion and you come along and muck it all up with one of those pesky facts.

Here we are having a perfectly nice emotion-based discussion and you come along and muck it all up with one of those pesky facts.

His post was just absolutely asinine and this thing was just going too far. I had to pull the plug on his point, as it badly needed to be put out of its misery.

A loooong time ago. Before many of the current fans started following the team or were even born

A loooong time ago. Before many of the current fans started following the team or were even born

2006 we had Daryl Watkins and Arinze Onuaku(both played in the NBA), with a PF with legit size who could slide over if needed(Roberts).

Don’t make me keep going...

We'd rather not, but we might have to drive a stake through your heart.

RutgersAL?
RutgersAl has the same type of sentiment for a program that is so totally inept and without any basis of accomplishment it is laughable. I am talking about the Syracuse Orange basketball program who's history is full of glory and tournament runs and is coached by one of the greatest basketball minds of all-time: Hall of Famer,James Arthur Boeheim. If you don't see a difference, I feel sorry for you.

2006 we had Daryl Watkins and Arinze Onuaku(both played in the NBA), with a PF with legit size who could slide over if needed(Roberts).

Don’t make me keep going...
Meh.

We'd rather not, but we might have to drive a stake through your heart.
Sidibe is a real talent. He has had leg problems. Just watch and learn.

Sidibe is a real talent. He has had leg problems. Just watch and learn.

So a young center with leg problems...that makes me feel so great about the present. Which is what your post was about.

By the way, Otis Hill and JB >>>>

Watkins and AO(yes, even as a freshman) >>>PC and BS. And Roberts> Marek at playing C.

Sorry.
Marek is fast and cunningly agile. He is going to get guys in foul trouble early. When he learns not to get himself in foul trouble early.

Marek is fast and cunningly agile. He is going to get guys in foul trouble early. When he learns not to get himself in foul trouble early.

Marek is a good forward and a great team guy willing to do whatever it takes to win.

So a young center with leg problems...that makes me feel so great about the present. Which is what your post was about.

By the way, Otis Hill and JB >>>>
We go three deep now. Sidibe looks healed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom