Me Ted (meathead) | Syracusefan.com

Me Ted (meathead)

Pyle

All Conference
I remember when I used to defend the Meatheads, mainly because of their defensive philosophies. I played defense in HS. I love big hits more than I love TDs and big gains. I remember arguing with many that I had alot of doubts about Dino and his offensive philosophies prioritizing everything while basically mailing it in with his Tampa-2 bend but don't break method of defense. Well I just want to say I'm happy to be wrong again and eat my crow with mint jelly. I think this is the first time we've been able to see what Dino/Ward could do with a defense that they had longer than 2 years control over. The results are amazing. D is for defense but also for Dino.

Looked that good without any knowledge of what their opponent was going to try to do.

Hi, my name is Imperial, and I too am a defense first meat head.

What a squad we have on that side of the ball right now. Thought we'd be winning 55-42 shoot outs... This weekend might be 13-10

I think Dino said it best if he has good defense and specials and has to work on the offense then he likes his chances.
Having a coach in any sport that is brutally honest about his team and himself is great. He somewhat warned us about the offence and said the D would be great.

I remember when I used to defend the Meatheads, mainly because of their defensive philosophies. I played defense in HS. I love big hits more than I love TDs and big gains. I remember arguing with many that I had alot of doubts about Dino and his offensive philosophies prioritizing everything while basically mailing it in with his Tampa-2 bend but don't break method of defense. Well I just want to say I'm happy to be wrong again and eat my crow with mint jelly. I think this is the first time we've been able to see what Dino/Ward could do with a defense that they had longer than 2 years control over. The results are amazing. D is for defense but also for Dino.
Those were thoughts of people because Dino wasnt at a school longer than 2 years and its hard to establish a defensive culture in that amount of time. First two years they didn't have the personnel to do what they are doing now. I never understood why people thought they he would sit in a Tampa 2. That first year would have been worse if they brought pressure. Their best bet was to play a coverage that allowed them to keep a lot of guys in coverage.

Great post. Honestly, I never understood why people believed there was a binary question between good offense and good defense? It can be both!

This is very likely Dino's best defensive team since he's been at SU but let's save the praise until after we at least play a decent P5 team like Maryland.

This is very likely Dino's best defensive team since he's been at SU but let's save the praise until after we at least play a decent P5 team like Maryland.

This is silly. We had a pretty good defense last season. The fear was always that we'd sacrifice our D for a dynamic O. My mea culpa was that I was (and kind of still am) ok with that. BUT - it's been fun to be surprised. And to see Robinson truck a few QBs too.

Great post. Honestly, I never understood why people believed there was a binary question between good offense and good defense? It can be both!
It rarely is for non-factories, though. There are tradeoffs in practice time and spending on coaching salaries..

I'm never right....about anything. 1 week self-ban for this and the Locksley trashing I did.

This is silly. We had a pretty good defense last season. The fear was always that we'd sacrifice our D for a dynamic O. My mea culpa was that I was (and kind of still am) ok with that. BUT - it's been fun to be surprised. And to see Robinson truck a few QBs too.

Was it silly?