Meanwhile, lost in the excitement ... | Syracusefan.com

Meanwhile, lost in the excitement ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
Okay, almost lost ... Miami, who took us to the wall last year, just put up 90 against Duke and beat 'em by 16 ... :eek:

I was sure you were going to mention tacos. :)

Ha! Actually I just noticed Miami went 10-20 at the arc - and that was in Duke's barn ...

Anybody check the Duke board? Are they calling for Coach K to retire after 2 losses in a row? Has the game passed him bye? Is the pressure to reach 1000 to much?

Coach K has let the Calipari freight train totally run him over. He is now trying to catch up to Cal by recruiting all of these 1 and done type players, which does not fit with the the classic Duke formula of having seniors and 5th year seniors lead their team.

Coach K has let the Calipari freight train totally run him over. He is now trying to catch up to Cal by recruiting all of these 1 and done type players, which does not fit with the the classic Duke formula of having seniors and 5th year seniors lead their team.

Lawrinson- can we get some of those awesome edits you do?

GoHamSU said:
Lawrinson- can we get some of those awesome edits you do?

I'd personally love to see a Calapari freight train edit haha

Is that their only formula? They had young teams in the '90's and early 2000's with Elton Brand, William Avery, Carlos Boozer, Jay Williams, etc. Jay Williams was their leading scorer as a sophomore (three of their top 4 scorers were sophomores), when they won the championship in '01.

I was going to say his 98-99 team had freshman Maggette and sophomore Elton Brand. They went undefeated in the ACC and lost two games all year.

It's just that one of those two was the national championship.

Is he trying to catch up to Cal, or is he the victim (hate using that word, but you know what I mean) of the same thing all college basketball is struggling with: being pillaged by the NBA? Duke has always had the top recruits, but now they're leaving and I don't think K has any control over it, any more than B does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom