Meanwhile out in SEC country | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Meanwhile out in SEC country

and every flu season people social distance and wear masks everywhere they go.

does it kill everything it touches? Nope. Is it way worse than the flu by probably a factor of 10? Yep.

can we make incremental changes in a smart manner that follows the epidemiology of the disease and go forward or pull back if need be based on data and not magical thinking? We should.

some areas were very close to being overwhelmed just like New York if changes didn’t happen when they did. And when you overwhelm the system the death rate goes up.

nowhere close to a factor of 10, Prob cycles out around 2x, and yes both flu (vaccine) And Covid (social-distancing) have major mitigating effects

I hope people who pushed the covid fear nonsense get outed and ridiculed for it. You need to grow up and stop trying to cause a societal collapse because you like working from home and don't want to commute. Insinuating that college kids are going to break into a nursing home after a frat party is ridiculous.
Idk there’s worse places to pick up chicks

Stop trying to make sense about this! Few listeners here...

CDC Update as of 9/11 the Hospitalization rate from Covid was 166/100,000...why haven't you heard about hospitalizations lately? Because that means in 7 months we've suffered 544,000 hospitalizations in a country of 326m people.

And while that sounds scary, it is not as bad as the 700-950k that are "annually" hospitalized during the 4-5 month Flu season every year.

Those waiting for a vaccine to live are wrong; there will be no polio-like vaccine, this is a disease that resides largely in the epithelial layer of the Respiratory system, there will not be a complete vaccine cover. BUT, it's also not as dangerous as initially believed or as untreatable.

Be smart but let people live and play. A "Case" is not the right metric, but it's a terrific media scare tactic.
I think the best part of the media scare tactic is the 190,000 dead. That was the real trick. Countries in Europe are looking at another shutdown. How did the American media get them to do that? Can they recruit for us?

Well if that is the case then we should just lock down our existence until 2-3 years after a vaccine just to make sure the the vaccine is effective and limit the possibility that maybe some people have long term effects from covid. Every ailment can have long lasting permanent effects. I guess I would rather be myopic than dystopic in my view and enjoy life while I have it.
There are costs and benefits.

Not being able to stuff your gullet with Applebee’s newest buffalo jalapeño bombers for a couple of months isn’t a big cost, but it actual medical research indicates that it’s likely a big benefit. Locking down the world for 3 years due to an unsubstantiated fear of ghost Rona? Probably no benefit, but a big cost.

Your sensational example doesn’t work because you trivialize real costs and you offer an alternative with no real benefit.

I think the best part of the media scare tactic is the 200,000 dead. That was the real trick. Countries in Europe are looking at another shutdown. How did the American media get them to do that? Can they recruit for us?
It crossed 200K today

nowhere close to a factor of 10, Prob cycles out around 2x, and yes both flu (vaccine) And Covid (social-distancing) have major mitigating effects

I’ll be sure to pass that along to all those people I saw on ventilators back in April- about 4 times the icu capacity we normally have

1600215403233.gif

Yes, people die and it’s sad and tragic every time.

that 200k number is not accurate, and it’s not “too light”...the Wash post article I recently linked about the JHU website says there were two months where “suspected deaths and illness‘ were included, and those were the biggest months off illness and death, so that number, which is ironically exactly what the CDC says, is wrong, because humans are wrong

over 7 months, in the United States, you’d expect at least 200,000 elderly people to die unfortunately, actually Much more than that. I am not an ostrich, it’s a real disease, but there are also many others and we still live lives

I hope people who pushed the covid fear nonsense get outed and ridiculed for it. You need to grow up and stop trying to cause a societal collapse because you like working from home and don't want to commute. Insinuating that college kids are going to break into a nursing home after a frat party is ridiculous.

The blue check marks that sit on big pharma boards will make a killing, as does the guy who owns a huge paper and the nation's biggest home delivery service.

Doesn't seem like enough is focusing on the vulnerable in comparison.

Anyway, yeah, Eddie O is a card for sure.

might not make you immune but your body usually will adapt to something the 2nd time around and put up a better defense.

this disease likely causes significant organ damage? Where did you get that from?
The trick is to not get it the first time around, so you don’t have to get less screwed on top of getting screwed.

And the organ damage piece: I’ve seen several studies and several interviews. An early one from China (admittedly flawed and short study) compared lung damage of people *with symptoms* to having broken glass in your lungs. Other studies, like the Ohio State one suggested that organs (such as the heart) could be attacked without symptoms. Yet other studies have demonstrated damage in a number of other organs (including the brain)to varying degrees and in varying conditions, some of which look like they’re likely permanent. Don’t believe me, though. Do your own google search. The true cost/threat of this virus is likely greater than the 0.7% death rate.

I’ll be sure to pass that along to all those people I saw on ventilators back in April- about 4 times the icu capacity we normally have

I know, we’ve learned that most of them shouldn’t have been on ventilators

that was a misread and led to worse outcomes. Not blaming doctors, but now we know. Patients presenting with low blood oxygen levels shouldn’t automatically be ventilated

I know, we’ve learned that most of them shouldn’t have been on ventilators

that was a misread and led to worse outcomes. Not blaming doctors, but now we know. Patients presenting with low blood oxygen levels shouldn’t automatically be ventilated

I’d be careful w statements like that. People in the icu need a lot more than just oxygen support. It’s a really nasty disease but I guess you’ve treated a lot of patients with it and know better

I’d be careful w statements like that. People in the icu need a lot more than just oxygen support. It’s a really nasty disease but I guess you’ve treated a lot of patients with it and know better

no, fair point, but I was on a 7 hour symposium chaired by Dr Fauci today (listening)
these are not my ideas, I rarely (like everyone else) have an original thought

but we can’t hide from the fact that many people were unnecessarily put on ventilators and died as a result.

How come all the nurses I know are the ones pushing hardest for a return to normalcy?

Because they know are immune systems are weakening the more we are aware from one another and not exposed to viruses and bacteria’s in low doses for our bodies to create the antibodies naturally for them.

might not make you immune but your body usually will adapt to something the 2nd time around and put up a better defense.

this disease likely causes significant organ damage? Where did you get that from?
There was a very early and VERY sketchy report out of Hong Kong back in March on long-term effects. I have heard zero on this since then, but it is a lovely scare tactic that gets trotted out often.

Happy to reconsider my opinion if some clinical studies come out. But clinical study results seem discouraged by the media these days in favor of panic about cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom