Meanwhile out in SEC country | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Meanwhile out in SEC country

How come all the nurses I know are the ones pushing hardest for a return to normalcy?

because all of their elementary school aged kids are now at home learning virtually for no reason. unsupervised. :rolleyes:

what a joke, my kid on his virtually day had an assignment question and did not get any educational support until the day was long over. He literally did nothing for an entire day because he couldn't complete the assignment without having the simple question answered. The 'virtual' teacher is in the classroom teaching that day so naturally she can't help the kids who are online. We're not only going to come out of this broke, our kids are going to be dumber.

Last edited:
because all of their elementary school aged kids are now at home learning virtually for no reason. unsupervised. :rolleyes:

what a joke, my kid on his virtually day had an assignment question and did not get any educational support until the day was long over. He literally did nothing for an entire day because he couldn't complete the assignment without having the simple question answered. The 'virtual' teacher is in the classroom teaching that day so naturally she can't help the kids who are online. We're not only going to come out of this broke, our kids are going to be dumber.

My son (2nd grade) is currently outside playing with his friend (3rd grade) who lives next door, because both finished all of their stuff for today...2 hours ago. I really hope there will be more to virtual learning the 3 days a week he is home.

On the topic of Eddie O - he's not a Dr?! :cool:

But at least you’re saving lives of people who are 100+ pounds overweight or closing in on 100 years old...

Yeah forget that, I am going to live my life at this point.

Too much has come out showing that it’s not nearly as dangerous and contagious as once thought.

I believe the mortality rate is .26% now no? With no treatment and no vaccine.

The flu is .1%-.3% with a treatment and a vaccine.

There is a reason more people haven’t come out that have had it with all these lasting effects

Is the virus real? 100% Is it as bad as the media is portraying it? Absolutely not.
Sure, it’s all the media’s fault (that ol scapegoat) and I know better than the experts. People who say this don’t understand how professional journalism works. It’s significantly worse than the flu, in both mortality and hospitalization rates. But carry on with your anti-media, anti-expert pontificating.

might not make you immune but your body usually will adapt to something the 2nd time around and put up a better defense.

this disease likely causes significant organ damage? Where did you get that from?

Must have been the 10 year study from the 2010 covid outbreak;)

Yes, people die and it’s sad and tragic every time.

that 200k number is not accurate, and it’s not “too light”...the Wash post article I recently linked about the JHU website says there were two months where “suspected deaths and illness‘ were included, and those were the biggest months off illness and death, so that number, which is ironically exactly what the CDC says, is wrong, because humans are wrong

over 7 months, in the United States, you’d expect at least 200,000 elderly people to die unfortunately, actually Much more than that. I am not an ostrich, it’s a real disease, but there are also many others and we still live lives
Wrong. Experts actually believe the death toll is significantly higher than 200,000. A study over the summer showed corona deaths could be around 30 percent higher based on typical mortality rates.

“A study published Wednesday by researchers at Yale University found that the number of deaths due to any cause in the U.S. from March 1 through May 30 were about 122,300 higher than the same period a year ago, which is 28% higher than the number of reported deaths from Covid-19.”

It’s literally the opposite of what you assert.

Last edited:
There are two kinds of people in the world:

*Some see a red burner and avoid it.

*Others see a glowing red burner and grab it because they really like neat looking, bright things and there hasn’t been any studies on that particular burner yet to their satisfaction, so the outcome might be different than the last 12 glowing red burners that they grabbed.

Who knows, though? Maybe all the scientists/doctors and virtually every developed country is wrong. It is 2020, so the tin foil hats could be right. The government admitted that UFO’s exist, NASA found evidence of life on another planet, and the United States is assembling a space force as we speak.

Wrong. Experts actually believe the death toll is significantly higher than 200,000. A study over the summer showed corona deaths could be around 30 percent higher based on typical mortality rates.

“A study published Wednesday by researchers at Yale University found that the number of deaths due to any cause in the U.S. from March 1 through May 30 were about 122,300 higher than the same period a year ago, which is 28% higher than the number of reported deaths from Covid-19.”

It’s literally the opposite of what you assert.

I mean, did you read the article? It says deaths from virtually all causes were up during that time period because people were afraid to seek medical treatment. That's not an argument FOR total shutdown of the economy, that's an argument AGAINST it.

And people from Yale should know better, you absolutely wouldn't compare deaths from ONE year to the NEXT and declare a causal effect, there is nothing statistically significant about that whatsoever (what if two years ago more people had died, etc etc). That's what you'd do if you wanted to scare people though

I mean, did you read the article? It says deaths from virtually all causes were up during that time period because people were afraid to seek medical treatment. That's not an argument FOR total shutdown of the economy, that's an argument AGAINST it.

And people from Yale should know better, you absolutely wouldn't compare deaths from ONE year to the NEXT and declare a causal effect, there is nothing statistically significant about that whatsoever (what if two years ago more people had died, etc etc). That's what you'd do if you wanted to scare people though
Did YOU read the article? Or just cherry pick the facts you wanted to support your blinkered view? Yes, fear of seeking care in hospitals early on in the pandemic drove some deaths, but the dramatically increased mortality rate from an average year indicates that there’s a large undercount of corona deaths, which is the opposite of what you and others are trying to assert. And stop pretending like you’re some kind of expert on public health stats and would know better than public health experts and epidemiologists at Yale.
“Our analyses suggest that the official tally of deaths due to Covid-19 represent a substantial undercount of the true burden,” said Dan Weinberger, an epidemiologist at Yale School of Public Health and a lead author of the study.
A 57-page research paper from researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology claims the real number of coronavirus cases worldwide is nearly 12 times higher than officially reported — with approximately 50% more deaths.
Here’s more recent data:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom