Melo 15-31 and the announcers talking about bron stoping him... | Syracusefan.com

Melo 15-31 and the announcers talking about bron stoping him...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
the rest of the knicks shot around 50 % except JR smith who was 3-15.

The knicks actually outshot the heat from inside the arc by 4%

what announcers were you listening to? didn't hear anything about lebron stopping him...except when they earlier in the game quoted stats that showed before tonight, carmelo was shooting around 30 pct when guarded by lebron and 50-somethin' when guarded by battier. fact.

relax, carmelo got some love tonight.

at 1 point melo had 19 points on 22 shots.

that is when the announcers were dogging him. and deservedly so. that is awful.

The announcers were talking about him shutting him down when the game was still in question.

at 1 point melo had 19 points on 22 shots.

that is when the announcers were dogging him. and deservedly so. that is awful.

I'm pretty sure Reggie Miller was mistaken when he said that...it was right after Melo hit a 3 near the end of the third quarter, and he had 22 pts at that point on 9-for-22 shooting (with 2 threes, and only 2 FTs).

Given the degree of difficulty on his shots, due to the fact that the Knicks didn't have a single player left on their roster who can get in the lane to set up their teammates, and that he was being defended by the best perimeter defender in the NBA, I thought he played remarkably well tonight. If he'd had an off night, the Knicks lose by 30 or more.

I'm pretty sure Reggie Miller was mistaken when he said that...it was right after Melo hit a 3 near the end of the third quarter, and he had 22 pts at that point on 9-for-22 shooting (with 2 threes, and only 2 FTs).

Given the degree of difficulty on his shots, due to the fact that the Knicks didn't have a single player left on their roster who can get in the lane to set up their teammates, and that he was being defended by the best perimeter defender in the NBA, I thought he played remarkably well tonight. If he'd had an off night, the Knicks lose by 30 or more.

i do think you are right... so we will call it 19 pts on 21 shots. horrible the difficulty of the shots is the reason why he played so bad. Yes, he made 3 or 4 ridiculously awesome shots - but he was back to his ball stopping ways. i thought he played horrible. he got the majority of his good shots when the game was no longer in doubt. to each its own i guess.

i do think you are right... so we will call it 19 pts on 21 shots. horrible the difficulty of the shots is the reason why he played so bad. Yes, he made 3 or 4 ridiculously awesome shots - but he was back to his ball stopping ways. i thought he played horrible. he got the majority of his good shots when the game was no longer in doubt. to each its own i guess.

what else were they supposed to do, given that they were missing their best 3 guards, and with their 2nd best scorer playing with one hand?
should they let JR Smith go 4 for 25 instead of 3 for 15?
have fields brick a few more open threes?
ask mike bibby to try to beat chalmers off the dribble?
have tyson chandler shoot from more than 6 feet away for the first time in his career?
pass to novak, so that he can pass it right back to you since he was never open?

Knicks offensive options:

Plan A: Spaz out for 20 secs, give ball to Melo, hope Melo saves the day

Plan B: Iso Melo, pass out of double team, JR bricks long two point shot.

Plan C: Iso Melo: pass out of double, player passes ball back, Melo tries to save day.

Plan D: No pass to Melo, turn the ball over.

Plan E: Throw the ball to Mittens Stoudemire who cant catch because he beat up a fire extinguisher.

Knicks offensive options:

Plan A: Spaz out for 20 secs, give ball to Melo, hope Melo saves the day

Plan B: Iso Melo, pass out of double team, JR bricks long two point shot.

Plan C: Iso Melo: pass out of double, player passes ball back, Melo tries to save day.

Plan D: No pass to Melo, turn the ball over.

Plan E: Throw the ball to Mittens Stoudemire who cant catch because he beat up a fire extinguisher.

I feel like you are trying to say that isn't a good offensive plan.

Though you forgot JR smith dribbling around for 15 seconds, then launching a step back 21 footer.

what else were they supposed to do, given that they were missing their best 3 guards, and with their 2nd best scorer playing with one hand?
should they let JR Smith go 4 for 25 instead of 3 for 15?
have fields brick a few more open threes?
ask mike bibby to try to beat chalmers off the dribble?
have tyson chandler shoot from more than 6 feet away for the first time in his career?
pass to novak, so that he can pass it right back to you since he was never open?

i didnt say it was wrong to give melo so many shots. just wasnt a productive 3 q's for him. averaging less than 1 pt per shot is never good.

it was nothing but iso, drive, pull up for a 20 footer.

through the 1st 3 q's he missed most of the pull up jumpers, but made most of the ridiculous turnaround j's.

i didnt say it was wrong to give melo so many shots. just wasnt a productive 3 q's for him. averaging less than 1 pt per shot is never good.

it was nothing but iso, drive, pull up for a 20 footer.

through the 1st 3 q's he missed most of the pull up jumpers, but made most of the ridiculous turnaround j's.

the low pts/shot is a direct result of his team needing him to create so many of his own shots (since they were playing with no PG, and no low post scorer), while being defended by the best perimeter defender in the NBA. given those circumstances, i thought he did better than should've been expected, and better than 99+% of NBA players would have done if they were asked to do the same thing.

the low pts/shot is a direct result of his team needing him to create so many of his own shots (since they were playing with no PG, and no low post scorer), while being defended by the best perimeter defender in the NBA. given those circumstances, i thought he did better than should've been expected, and better than 99+% of NBA players would have done if they were asked to do the same thing.

Melo is certainly part of the 1%, so that works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom