Melo getting D Rose | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo getting D Rose

Melo played pretty well alongside Iverson. Give him Iverson at Rose's age and they would've done damage in the playoffs.

Melo's getting older and showed last season that he's much more willing to defer to other capable players.

Rose is more capable than who?

rose gets hurt watching basketball on tv.

I give up...

13507000_1327838523897587_3728154673169859704_n.jpg

Can't believe the Knicks got the bulls to take Lopez's contract. He's due 42 million over the next 3 years.

Lopez was a steal for the Bulls at that price. He did a good job and his salary will be VERY attractive when the cap goes up this summer. Everybody is going to be paid at obscene levels now. Lopez at 14 per? Wait to you see what other centers get...

If they play their cards right, they will have TONS of money to offer a free agent after this year when the cap goes way up.

They have tons of money this year, too. Enough for Durant this year and Westbrook next year if they jettison Rose.

Play KP at the 5? and Melo at the 4? Just a thought. Maybe they can make a run at Derozan if they do that.

They've already said that KP is the future center after he gains some more weight and strength and matures. That is the long range plan.

All these moves are only short term comittments with the flexibilty to make a big splsh in next year's market. If Rose pans out great. If he doesn't, his contract is up and he free's up a poop pot full of salary. I don't think Rose is going to be all that but it's a smart move. And by the way, they will likely bring the young Hernangomez over to play center. He was KP's teammate in Europe.

Certainly still better than any guard they had last year. Way better than Calderon and Sasha(who was barely an NBA caliber player 5 years ago - blows my mind that he got minutes and started games for an NBA team in 2016)

That's apparently the plan.
Frontcourt: Noah, Melo, Porzingis
Backcourt: Rose, Affalo

Funny how Melo got blasted by many for not going to Chicago, and now some of those same people will blast the Knicks for getting Rose and Noah. They wont see the contradiction either because...H0T Takes!!!

Great trade for the Knicks, I'm in shock that people here think it's a bad trade. Calderon was eating up 8 mill, Jerian Grant forgot how to shoot and is not a starter or even a quality backup at this point and Lopez is replaceable. They get D Rose who is a major upgrade at guard and if he gets hurt or sucks it doesn't matter because his contract expires after next season.

I honestly don't know what people want from the Knicks, they are handicapped by not having any picks this year due to their own stupidity. What are they supposed to do? Trot out the same terrible team from last year and tell every free agent everywhere that they aren't serious about getting better? Great move for the Knicks

For a starting C? That's a good deal.

I hate this trade

will you hate it when they get dwight, pau or noah?

i say you have enough offense - go defense and intensity and get Noah.

Melo, Rose, Noah and sophomore Porzingis have a legit shot at 55-60 wins

I would say 45, max. Injuries have taken a big toll on Rose and Noah. Neither is close to what they used to be, though Noah could come back with a strong year if healthy. Hard to see them playing more than 65 games each, regardless. Melo is still very good, but he's not at the level he was 3-4 years ago. Porzingis is promising. They need a SG who can shoot to fill out the lineup.

Last edited:

Yes? Dwight is going to take a 4 year max that basically blows the cap space, I'm not sure Noah is any good, and Gasol is getting old.

55-60 wins; yeah let's just say i really disagree with that. I don't think Rose is all that good anymore.

Yes? Dwight is going to take a 4 year max that basically blows the cap space, I'm not sure Noah is any good, and Gasol is getting old.

55-60 wins; yeah let's just say i really disagree with that. I don't think Rose is all that good anymore.
I agree. I think Phil is doing a decent job of making this coming year interesting, while positioning for the future. But, 55-60 wins would mean Rose returns to all-star caliber and they fill in with a bunch of top notch secondary players and they all gel with Melo.

I think Dwight's considered to be damaged enough at this point that he may not command a max deal anymore.

Rose is an elite PG when healthy. No question there. You said Melo wouldn't play well with a ball-dominant guard, which Iverson was. Melo played well with old-guy Iverson; therefore he could certainly play well, or better, with a younger PG reasonably comparable in talent to Iverson.

**Allen Iverson is/was my favorite NBA player of all-time. Keep that quiet, though.**

I agree. I think Phil is doing a decent job of making this coming year interesting, while positioning for the future. But, 55-60 wins would mean Rose returns to all-star caliber and they fill in with a bunch of top notch secondary players and they all gel with Melo.

I'm not sure they play much better than 500. Obviously we need to see what else they do, but I don't think Rose is any good, I don't think he's a plus to the team.

I think Dwight's considered to be damaged enough at this point that he may not command a max deal anymore.

I'm just basically betting the over on all contracts at this point. You could be right though. I'd rather have Robin Lopez on his contract than Dwight on whatever he signs for though.

Rose is an elite PG when healthy. No question there. You said Melo wouldn't play well with a ball-dominant guard, which Iverson was. Melo played well with old-guy Iverson; therefore he could certainly play well, or better, with a younger PG reasonably comparable in talent to Iverson.

**Allen Iverson is/was my favorite NBA player of all-time. Keep that quiet, though.**

Rose hasn't been an elite PG in about 5 years. That guy is gone and he's not coming back.

Gasol is the oldest but he seems like the safest bet. He has been pretty healthy in his career, where Noah and Howard's bodies have been breaking down a lot the last few years. Gasol has by far been the healthiest and best player of those 3 guys over the last two years. If they could get him on a short contract, I'd go that route. If they can find a 2 guard that can shoot, they could be a dangerous offensive team. Melo, KP, and Gasol could be the best offensive frontcourt in basketball. Lots of skills and versatility there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom