Melo to the ...? | Syracusefan.com

Melo to the ...?

Nene posted an IG pic of Melo in a Hou jersey then took it down.

Would make sense. He and CP3 have been trying to get on the same team forever.

What about D'Antoni? Morey I know is a big analytics guy. I just can't see it no matter how bad Harden or CP3 may want him.

What about D'Antoni? Morey I know is a big analytics guy. I just can't see it no matter how bad Harden or CP3 may want him.

Morey is all about star players, thats his goal. Collect undervalued assets in order to then jump on stars when they become available. Current issue is figuring out how to get Ryan Anderson off their books in order to take on Melo. Don't see any other way its possible financially unless Gordon and Ariza are heading to NY.

coaches are middle management at best. Morey isn't going to pass up on a major talent because he fears his middle manager might not get along with him.

Last edited:
I agree - three ball dominant players in a system predicated on ball sharing. All of these off season moves and none are keeping the Warriors or Cavs up at night.

think Melo can adjust. He had no choice but to be ball dominant in NY. IF you watched the olympics you know he's filthy moving without the ball as well.

Melo and CPIII will do very well together. Just never been a fan of Harden but I think he'll adapt a bit as well. The goals a ring.

think Melo can adjust. He had no choice but to be ball dominant in NY. IF you watched the olympics you know he's filthy moving without the ball as well.

Melo and CPIII will do very well together. Just never been a fan of Harden but I think he'll adapt a bit as well. The goals a ring.
Agreed. I think all will adapt. CP3, I would have no worries about. Melo has already shown what he can do in the Olympics playing off ball with other stars. Harden will adjust if he's seemingly excited and willing to bring them on board.

If they can keep Gordon and Ariza, they are the #2 team in the league talent wise. With the addition of PJ Tucker, they also match up well with Golden State.

CP3 vs Steph
Harden vs Klay
Ariza vs KD
Melo vs Green

Gordon/Tucker as major bench pieces for Houston vs Livingston/Iggy as major bench pieces for Golden State.

Agreed. I think all will adapt. CP3, I would have no worries about. Melo has already shown what he can do in the Olympics playing off ball with other stars. Harden will adjust if he's seemingly excited and willing to bring them on board.

If they can keep Gordon and Ariza, they are the #2 team in the league talent wise. With the addition of PJ Tucker, they also match up well with Golden State.

CP3 vs Steph
Harden vs Klay
Ariza vs KD
Melo vs Green

Gordon/Tucker as major bench pieces for Houston vs Livingston/Iggy as major bench pieces for Golden State.

I'd be stunned if they get Melo AND keep Ariza and Gordon lol.

Then again it is the Knicks...

CP3 vs Steph
Harden vs Klay
Ariza vs KD
Melo vs Green

If they get to keep Gordon and Ariza the Knicks should hire Phil Jackson back. I agree they will be talented, I still don't think they make Golden State sweat.

I'd be stunned if they get Melo AND keep Ariza and Gordon lol.

Then again it is the Knicks...
I've heard Anderson and Capela moving with a 3rd team involved. That's just rumors but New York's only other option is what?.. Tristan Thompson and Iman Shunpert?

CP3 vs Steph
Harden vs Klay
Ariza vs KD
Melo vs Green

Golden State in 5. The only advantage Houston has at this point is Harden over Klay.

I've heard Anderson and Capela moving with a 3rd team involved. That's just rumors but New York's only other option is what?.. Tristan Thompson and Iman Shunpert?

No chance Kevin Love is on the Cavs in '17-18 if Melo is lol. But again... it is the knicks...

I really hope that third team eats the Anderson contract.

I agree in general they need to move on from Melo (i cant believe Phil gave the NTC) but I really don't want to take back longer contracts.

Very interesting. I know there were rumblings but they really need a third team involved. Deals in the NBA can come out of nowhere though, as we saw with PG.

Can't imagine the Rockets can move Capela in the deal unless they really think Onuaku or Zhou Qi are ready to take up the 25 mins a game at C which is unlikely on a contender. Cavs deal would be Kevin Love straight up as I think the salaries match and he's definitely the most talented player that the Knicks can possibly get back but he overlaps with Porzingis unless he moves to the 5 which they have pretty much refused to do thus far.

a 3 way deal in which Melo ends up in Cleveland, Love in Houston, Gordon and a pair of 2nd round picks in NY would make all 3 teams better. Would need to find a 4th team to take on Anderson's salary, which would cost a couple more 2nd round picks or a future 1st

a 3 way deal in which Melo ends up in Cleveland, Love in Houston, Gordon and a pair of 2nd round picks in NY would make all 3 teams better. Would need to find a 4th team to take on Anderson's salary, which would cost a couple more 2nd round picks or a future 1st

The Knicks just signed Hardaway and still have Lee, plus no vet PG. I don't think they need another 2 guard?

Taking on Anderson definitely would cost more than 2nds and Houston just shipped out a 1st in the Paul deal so not sure that's happening. 3 years/57 mill for Anderson for a 2020 1st is no bueno.

The Knicks just signed Hardaway and still have Lee, plus no vet PG. I don't think they need another 2 guard?
rebuilding is all about collecting assets

Could be said that between those 2 that they still need a starting caliber 2. Just so disgusted by the Hardaway deal, especially since that amount probably could've got them KCP 2 days later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom