Meltdown in Hartford over the demise of the Big East | Syracusefan.com

Meltdown in Hartford over the demise of the Big East

O

OrangeParty

I work in Hartford with a ton of UConn fans and grads and they are at a loss for words as to what they are going to do with their team now that the Catholic schools have played their hand.

Everything from disbanding the Football program, to blaming Edsell for leaving, to Calhoun being a jerk to everyone in the league for years and of course calling the ACC stupid for not taking UConn over Louisville.

The smile has not left my face watching UConn fans unravel. Its fantastic.

Those husky tears taste good at the end of the day...Right marsh?

I work in Hartford with a ton of UConn fans and grads and they are at a loss for words as to what they are going to do with their team now that the Catholic schools have played their hand.

Everything from disbanding the Football program, to blaming Edsell for leaving, to Calhoun being a jerk to everyone in the league for years and of course calling the ACC stupid for not taking UConn over Louisville.

The smile has not left my face watching UConn fans unravel. Its fantastic.

It so nearly could have been us. This is sad to watch, but so good for the future of our program.

While I acknowledge that it may not last forever, I have to say that it's a sweet, sweet day here in central Connecticut. :D

I am actually tingling with anticipation at the prospect of seeing Marsh's "" posts descend on the board like a swarm of locusts.

It so nearly could have been us. This is sad to watch, but so good for the future of our program.

It's SO far from over. The odds are strongly in favor of UConn landing on their feet in some capacity.

I know everyone feels g'town is our biggest rival, but I have to say, there's just a personal feel of satifaction, visiting the boneyard and watching them activate the self-destruct sequence...I mean I shouldn't feel this way if they weren't our rival, but for some reason, I do...now where were we with the count boneyard...9...8...7...

UConn saw this coming and tried to do something...but couldn't. Cincy in the same boat. I can't imagine any good options for them...that'd please many hear but not me- I hope they land on their feet somewhere soon.

I am actually tingling with anticipation at the prospect of seeing Marsh's "" posts descend on the board like a swarm of locusts.
I don't know if Marsh really feels that way. I am looking forward to him giving us a full explanation.

Thats why I couldn't understand why in the world Tubberville would take the HC job at Cincinnati. Makes no sense to me, go to dying conference?

I don't know if Marsh really feels that way. I am looking forward to him giving us a full explanation.

have a feeling it will br a short explaination

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: MCC
It's SO far from over. The odds are strongly in favor of UConn landing on their feet in some capacity.

We do agree. I hope people don't get too giddy over this. Everyone thought we had Rutgers pinned to the mat. Now they're in the B1G.

After UConn receives its share of the penalty fees from all the teams leaving the Big East, they will use the money to buy their way into the ACC.

Those husky tears taste good at the end of the day...Right marsh?

FADE TO BLACK!

1901321_o.gif

After UConn receives its share of the penalty fees from all the teams leaving the Big East, they will use the money to buy their way into the ACC.

By dissolving the league there will be no penalty fees I would think.

No wonder Louisville, Uconn and Cincy were so aggressive for that final ACC spot after Rutgers left. They probably had a good idea that once one of the teams left, the Basketball onlies controlled everything for about 8 months and that this would happen immediately.

By dissolving the league there will be no penalty fees I would think.

No wonder Louisville, Uconn and Cincy were so aggressive for that final ACC spot after Rutgers left. They probably had a good idea that once one of the teams left, the Basketball onlies controlled everything for about 8 months and that this would happen immediately.
according to one UConn poster UConn didn't want the ACC bid. They have a big 10 offer in their back pocket.

according to one UConn poster UConn didn't want the ACC bid. They have a big 10 offer in their back pocket.

The Big 10 is both an athletic and academic affiliation. Let's not even worry about the issues on the athletic side.

Does UConn (the university) meet the academic standards required of the Big 10? Based on the knowledge of their fans, I think they fall way short.

Sorry i am late to the party. Seeing this is the holiday season, this really comes from the heart.

!!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

you are gonna be busy...you have a lot of F Uconns to post

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2