Memphis expected to join Big East for 2013 season | Syracusefan.com

Memphis expected to join Big East for 2013 season

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/29532522
Two interesting quotes from the story:

"However, both WVU and the Big East have filed lawsuits against each other and a Rhode Island judge ordered the parties into non-binding mediation with a deadline of Thursday."

"ACC commissioner John Swofford would not speculate whether his league would help Pitt and Syracuse financially to leave the Big East before 2014, but told CBSSports.com “our position continues to be that we want to prepare ourselves when they’re ready and it’s appropriate for them to join us.”

And this about the Tiger's exit fees

http://newsok.com/ap-source-big-east-moving-toward-adding-memphis/article/feed/345349

I don't get adding Memphis for 2013. What is the point if you are the BE? Navy ain't coming until 2015 so why not work on BYU, Air Force, etc for the next few years instead of taking Memphis now? Also why in the hell would you want 17 BBall teams?

2012-13
7 FB and 15 BBall

2013-14
11/13 FB and 17/19 BBall

2014-15
11 FB and 17 BBall

2015 and beyond
12 FB and 17 BBall

So if the BE plans on having a BECG in FB why have less than the required 12 teams in 2014? And why potentially have 13 teams in 2013?

I don't get adding Memphis for 2013. What is the point if you are the BE? Navy ain't coming until 2015 so why not work on BYU, Air Force, etc for the next few years instead of taking Memphis now? Also why in the hell would you want 17 BBall teams?

Louisville is going to the Big 12 probably for 2013 or 2014 when they expand to 12 teams. Memphis is really a replacement for Louisville keeping hoops at 16 teams.

Even if UL leaves the BE would be at 10/15 no need to add Memphis now.

Anyone who still defends the "NEW" Big East as "good" or "promising" or an "attractive conference" for fans and TV networks is now totally on the crack pipe. The NEW Big East is the old CUSA and they keep adding to it to make it worse. And nobody gave a crap about CUSA before and now they will care even less!

Can't wait for that first Big East Tournament game between UCF and Memphis at MSG! All of 12 people on hand to watch. Or that exciting Memphis vs Boise football game on a Thursday night up against NFL games next year!

136_normal.JPG
tsnmike Michael DeCourcy

Memphis press conference at 11 a.m. CT Wednesday to announce Big East membership. Details coming on Sportingnews.com.

I'm not religious but every day I say a little thank you that we are on our way out of this CF.