Mercifully, it's over ... | Syracusefan.com

Mercifully, it's over ...

Cowtown

Sesquipedalia verba
It's been just awful watching kids I like struggle so badly this past month. The season began with some optimism, rose steadily after a great start in the OOC, crested at 25-0, and then inexplicably just fizzled miserably away. We got stuck in a rut we couldn't get out of. <heavy sigh> I feel badly for BMK and CJ who have such a sour note to end on. Even if we'd squeaked out a win today, next Thursday would have been just more of the same frustration, only under a greater spotlight, so it's just as well it ended here. But the run was sure fun while it lasted. :)

Hopefully the kids returning next year are stronger from this experience, especially Trevor Cooney who will receive - unfairly - the brunt of the blame for the team's long, slow melt-down. I have a good feeling about him, and I sure hope I'm right. The last few years have ended with several late season disappointments - AO, Fab Melo, this year's collective implosion - but we've always come back strong from them. I'm counting on that happening again. So as always, LGO. Excelsior.

Last edited:
It's been just awful watching kids I like struggle so badly this past month. The season began with some optimism, rose steadily after a great start in the OOC, crested at 25-0, and then inexplicably just fizzled miserably away. We got stuck in a rut we couldn't get out of. <heavy sigh> I feel badly for BMK and CJ who have such a sour note to end on. Even if we'd squeaked out a win today, next Thursday would have been just more of the same frustration, only under a greater spotlight, so it's just as well it ended here. But the run was sure fun while it lasted. :)

Hopefully the kids returning next year are stronger from this experience, especially Trevor Cooney who will receive - unfairly - the brunt of the blame for the team's long, slow melt-down. I have a good feeling about him, and I sure hope I'm right. The last few years have ended with several late season disappointments - AO, Fab Melo, this year's collective implosion - but we've always come back strong from them. I'm counting on that happening again. So as always, LGO. Excelsior.
If this ending would have happened last year I would not have been surprised. But at 25-0, the season really plummeted from such a high peak.

Good post - sums up my feelings well. I like all these players and it hasn't been fun to watch them play poorly for such long stretches.

If this ending would have happened last year I would not have been surprised. But at 25-0, the season really plummeted from such a high peak.

We all feel that pain. I think, in the end, we just didn't get better this year. It will take until next season to accrue the benefits of this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom