Metro North question | Syracusefan.com

Metro North question

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Coming from Albany, I have driven down to different spots along the Metro North line (Poughkeepsie, New Hamburg and Tarrytown) and parked my car and taken the train in to Grand Central. I have done it for Yankee games and then took the train north after the game.

Now, I am looking to do it and leave my car overnight. Any recommendations on which station might be the best to leave a vehicle overnight. I know some of the lots are much bigger than others. Does anyone know if they have overnight restrictions and if they are safe. Thanks.

Poughkeepsie's great for weekend overnights - safe, indoors, and free. Not sure if this is the case for weeknights, though.

it's a little further drive but you can go to Southeast metro north station in Brewster...i live just across the border in CT and park there all the time...i have left my car in the lot for an entire weekend many times without issue, it's patrolled 24/7...from Albany, you can be parked at the station in about an hour and 45 if you drive down the Taconic...

it's a little further drive but you can go to Southeast metro north station in Brewster...i live just across the border in CT and park there all the time...i have left my car in the lot for an entire weekend many times without issue, it's patrolled 24/7...from Albany, you can be parked at the station in about an hour and 45 if you drive down the Taconic...

I agree. The Taconic is the nicest way to drive between Albany and the northern suburbs. Just take the Taconic south to I-84 and go east for a few miles to Brewster. There is pretty good train service to Brewster from NYC

I agree. The Taconic is the nicest way to drive between Albany and the northern suburbs. Just take the Taconic south to I-84 and go east for a few miles to Brewster. There is pretty good train service to Brewster from NYC
. Southeast is my nearest station and I'll be on it next Thursday morning, just look for the SU fans having a small party :) Just to be clear the station is off exit 19 (the exit for the Taconic off 84 is exit 16), about 10 minutes from where the Taconic meets 84. Just go straight thru the light past the shopping plazas on both sides and the station comes up in a minute. I would generally feel better about leaving my car overnight there than at a station like Poughkeepsie or Beacon, and there are no overnight restrictions as long as you pay for enough time--I think you can pay for up to 48 hours of time, not to mention that parking is free on weekends (even the permit spots). Also, for anyone who's unfamiliar with metro north, Southeast is on a different line Harlem) than Poughkeepsie, New Hamburg and Beacon (Hudson); they all end up at Grand Central though. Schedules are available online at mta.info.

. Southeast is my nearest station and I'll be on it next Thursday morning, just look for the SU fans having a small party :) Just to be clear the station is off exit 19 (the exit for the Taconic off 84 is exit 16), about 10 minutes from where the Taconic meets 84. Just go straight thru the light past the shopping plazas on both sides and the station comes up in a minute. I would generally feel better about leaving my car overnight there than at a station like Poughkeepsie or Beacon, and there are no overnight restrictions as long as you pay for enough time--I think you can pay for up to 48 hours of time, not to mention that parking is free on weekends (even the permit spots). Also, for anyone who's unfamiliar with metro north, Southeast is on a different line Harlem) than Poughkeepsie, New Hamburg and Beacon (Hudson); they all end up at Grand Central though. Schedules are available online at mta.info.
I never thought of taking the Harlem line. Only problem is that it adds an extra 1/2 hour but it is definitely something to consider.

I never thought of taking the Harlem line. Only problem is that it adds an extra 1/2 hour but it is definitely something to consider.
I assume you mean it adds to your drive (not the train ride). Admittedly I have no idea how your drive from the Albany area would be affected, though as mentioned earlier in the thread if you came down the Taconic its not a bad ride and it puts you in a decent spot to cut over to the Harlem line/Southeast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom