Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

The idiots have done the unthinkable.

Classic Mets. Syracuse and Buffalo may be the most infuriating teams but the Yanks at least balance it out. I don't know how you guys do it.

Classic Mets. Syracuse and Buffalo may be the most infuriating teams but the Yanks at least balance it out. I don't know how you guys do it.
The Mets have made it to a World Series 5 of the last 6 decades. They aren’t dominant but they manage to put together a really good team enough to keep me sane.

SU football, the Jets and the Knicks are what have made me crazy the last couple of decades. Thank God for Syracuse basketball or I might be in a straitjacket.

The Mets have made it to a World Series 5 of the last 6 decades. They aren’t dominant but they manage to put together a really good team enough to keep me sane.

SU football, the Jets and the Knicks are what have made me crazy the last couple of decades. Thank God for Syracuse basketball or I might be in a straitjacket.

I try not to attach my mental health to the success of sports teams. if they can add to my life, I'm all in. If they are subtracting from my life, I get out a good book, (about something else), and begin reading.

I can't even describe how much I hate the wilpons. The hell with Fred and Jeff they are parasites.

"According to a report by The New York Post, the former Yankees’ third baseman has emerged as a potential suitor to purchase the Flushing baseball team."

"According to a report by The New York Post, the former Yankees’ third baseman has emerged as a potential suitor to purchase the Flushing baseball team."
Sigh. At least Hitler is dead, so we probably don't have to worry about him making a move here. I take solace in that.

Sigh. At least Hitler is dead, so we probably don't have to worry about him making a move here. I take solace in that.
oh dear. I don't follow the Mets on a daily basis but read and hear about how bad the Wilpon's are. My only interest in them is the affiliation with the Syracuse Mets.

And to think he was going to be Shea-Rod! But anybody is better than the Wilpons, except maybe James Dolan.
wait until he includes the clintons in his ownership group . . .

wait until he includes the clintons in his ownership group . . .

I'd rather have Trump owning the Mets, (as was rumored at one point) and a Clinton in the White House.

Gotta find the silver lining somewhere in this mess. If the Mets can get sold to a good owner this year that would be better than selling to someone with a shady past like Cohen.

If the Wilpons are really willing to cede control immediately I wonder what the issue with Cohen is.

I think (very much emphasize think)
1) The Wilpons feel that by ceding control now they can get more $ than the agreement with Cohen
2) There's probably some bad blood between the two after the negotiations, so while it's theoretically possible they could get back together and do a deal, it seems unlikely to me

Gotta find the silver lining somewhere in this mess. If the Mets can get sold to a good owner this year that would be better than selling to someone with a shady past like Cohen.

If the Wilpons are really willing to cede control immediately I wonder what the issue with Cohen is.

Completely disagree. With Cohen, the Mets win a WS in a decade or less. As a fan, he’s exactly the type of owner I want. Deep pockets with a commitment to winning.

Completely disagree. With Cohen, the Mets win a WS in a decade or less. As a fan, he’s exactly the type of owner I want. Deep pockets with a commitment to winning.

Yeah I agree.

Like, all owners are rich, but Cohen is basically on a different level. I'm not saying they would run $300 million payrolls (though they could!) but I feel pretty confident they would be a top 1 or 2 every year if he was in charge. It's not exactly a 1:1 correlation between that and winning, but I'd like my chances.

Yeah I agree.

Like, all owners are rich, but Cohen is basically on a different level. I'm not saying they would run $300 million payrolls (though they could!) but I feel pretty confident they would be a top 1 or 2 every year if he was in charge. It's not exactly a 1:1 correlation between that and winning, but I'd like my chances.

I still think it gets done. He’s literally the only option for that price. I think the Wilpons make nice and he ends up taking over.

I still think it gets done. He’s literally the only option for that price. I think the Wilpons make nice and he ends up taking over.
The Wilson’s have allegedly arranged to have Cohen blackballed for consideration as an owner by MLB for life, so it would be a pretty big surprise if this happens. But with the Wilpons, anything is possible.

The Wilson’s have allegedly arranged to have Cohen blackballed for consideration as an owner by MLB for life, so it would be a pretty big surprise if this happens. But with the Wilpons, anything is possible.

If I'm another owner, really, the last thign I want is a super rich guy coming in and making things harder for me. So I do get it

If I'm another owner, really, the last thign I want is a super rich guy coming in and making things harder for me. So I do get it

It’s only harder because the majority of MLB teams have no intention of winning the WS. Most owners don’t even care.

the great jake degrom

on top of all the other death & destruction it has wrought, coronavirus may end up stealing the last prime season of this remarkable talent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom