Met's streak ends at 27.3 | Syracusefan.com

Met's streak ends at 27.3

moqui

generational talent
Dillon Gee gives up a run with 1 out in the 4th inning. Mets' starting pitchers had gone 27 1/3 innings without surrendering a run.

too bad the pen sucks so bad, because the starting pitching is outstanding

I am hoping that RA Dickey continues to pile up the wins and will beat out Strasburg to get the start for the NL in the All Star game

I am hoping that RA Dickey continues to pile up the wins and will beat out Strasburg to get the start for the NL in the All Star game

Either way, I think Dickey should pitch either before or after Strasburg. Going from a knuckleballer to Strasburg would be an awesome change.

I am surprised at how well the Met starters have pitched. Gee and Niese have outpitched their ERA's as well. The pen has been just so bad though

Too bad Pelfrey got hurt.

It's also tough to see Beltran playing for the Cardinals and Reyes for the Marlins.

Yeah even if Pelfrey had just been Pelfrey, he would've been a huge upgrade over Batista, Schwinden, Heffner, etc. Funny too, because coming into the season the best thing Pelf had going for him was he never got hurt.

and the pen loses another one. with just an average pen the mets would be alone in 1st right now. buts its flat out awful.

chris young is back tuesday, if hes healthy hes probably better than pelfrey. he was mets best starter the first month last year before he got hurt.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

and the pen loses another one. with just an average pen the mets would be alone in 1st right now. buts its flat out awful.

chris young is back tuesday, if hes healthy hes probably better than pelfrey. he was mets best starter the first month last year before he got hurt.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

I saw somewhere that if you took out Acosta's 11 ERA, the Mets would still have the worst or second worst bullpen ERA in the NL.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Young; I don't think he was getting any K's in the minors and he was hitting like 83 MPH. But I'm willing to give him a chance.

Being a reliever is a thankless role, I think, if the bullpen pitches well then no one says great job by the pen, it's just what they're supposed to do. But whenever they give up runs, they get hammered. That's not an excuse for the Mets pen, they legitimately have been so bad. Which makes their record in close games (16-7 in 1 or 2 run games I think) all the funnier.

I picked them for 73-89 this year, so I'm just happy they're close to first. A bullpen can improve faster than anything else, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on them getting a little better in the next few months.

I saw somewhere that if you took out Acosta's 11 ERA, the Mets would still have the worst or second worst bullpen ERA in the NL.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on Young; I don't think he was getting any K's in the minors and he was hitting like 83 MPH. But I'm willing to give him a chance.

Being a reliever is a thankless role, I think, if the bullpen pitches well then no one says great job by the pen, it's just what they're supposed to do. But whenever they give up runs, they get hammered. That's not an excuse for the Mets pen, they legitimately have been so bad. Which makes their record in close games (16-7 in 1 or 2 run games I think) all the funnier.

I picked them for 73-89 this year, so I'm just happy they're close to first. A bullpen can improve faster than anything else, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed on them getting a little better in the next few months.

What;s funny is that hitters love to get into the other team's bullpen and managers can't wait to go to it.

What;s funny is that hitters love to get into the other team's bullpen and managers can't wait to go to it.

Well, in general, bullpens have better ERA's than starters. (You would find hard to believe if you watched the Mets). Managers seem all too willing to pull an effective reliever in what almost seems like an attempt to find an ineffective one.

Well, in general, bullpens have better ERA's than starters. (You would find hard to believe if you watched the Mets). Managers seem all too willing to pull an effective reliever in what almost seems like an attempt to find an ineffective one.
Most managers want to get to the softer part of the bullpen, but not necessarily the set-up men and closers, who in theory should be the most effective relievers. Getting a team to run through its bullpen is always a plus in subsequent games in a series too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom