Miami Hurricanes DECLINE all Bowl invites this year | Syracusefan.com

Miami Hurricanes DECLINE all Bowl invites this year

Stern

All American
Report out of WSVN out of Miami Florida saying the Miami Hurricanes will decline all bowl invites this post-season.

"UM has made the decision to withhold the UM football team from bowl consideration following the 2011 regular season. In response to the ongoing NCAA inquiry and has informed both the NCAA and the ACC of its decision. We understand and share the disappointment that our student-athletes, coaches, staff, supporters, and fans are feeling. After lengthy discussions among University leaders, it is a necessary step for our University."

Report out of WSVN out of Miami Florida saying the Miami Hurricanes will decline all bowl invites this post-season.

"UM has made the decision to withhold the UM football team from bowl consideration following the 2011 regular season. In response to the ongoing NCAA inquiry and has informed both the NCAA and the ACC of its decision. We understand and share the disappointment that our student-athletes, coaches, staff, supporters, and fans are feeling. After lengthy discussions among University leaders, it is a necessary step for our University."

Let me quess: 1) they aren't eligible for a bowl, or 2) they will only be invited to a crappy bowl.

Let me quess: 1) they aren't eligible for a bowl, or 2) they will only be invited to a crappy bowl.

They are eligible. They want a lesser sentence when the NCAA drops the big-time hammer on them so the self imposed ban they think will help. CBS has them penciled into the Music City Bowl this morning.

Past practice at the U.

They turned down the Gator Bowl in 1995.

we should turn down an invite also at 6-6 including a squeeker vs. rhody...

Yeah we should give up our right to an extra 2 weeks of practice and a nationally televised game... Oh Lord

Yeah we should give up our right to an extra 2 weeks of practice and a nationally televised game... Oh Lord

You're right ... should be fairweatherfan888

yes really...i love this team and program but the problem is many on this board had 6-6 in their head preseason...thats where we are headed, but its HOW is unfolded thats disturbing...we have lost to 3 teams we are just better than...have caught break after break( wake qb getting injured, toledo missed call, turnover to beat rhody, needing a last second fg to beat the worst team in fbs)...if the last 3 games dont bother you then your just a casual observer...

yes really...i love this team and program but the problem is many on this board had 6-6 in their head preseason...thats where we are headed, but its HOW is unfolded thats disturbing...we have lost to 3 teams we are just better than...have caught break after break( wake qb getting injured, toledo missed call, turnover to beat rhody, needing a last second fg to beat the worst team in fbs)...if the last 3 games dont bother you then your just a casual observer...

So insisting we don't reject a bowl bid means I'm a casual observer? No it means I'm smart enough to realize how important the extra 15 practices and extra exposure are. I'm also smart enough to figure out the dynamics of recruiting at Baylor vice recruiting at SU per another thread ... I think you are more fitting of "casual observer" if you can't figure these things out on your own.

So insisting we don't reject a bowl bid means I'm a casual observer? No it means I'm smart enough to realize how important the extra 15 practices and extra exposure are. I'm also smart enough to figure out the dynamics of recruiting at Baylor vice recruiting at SU per another thread ... I think you are more fitting of "casual observer" if you can't figure these things out on your own.

of course i will take the bid...i did say the extra practices are beneficial and marrone has already proven he needs 3-4 weeks to plan and execute an offensive gameplan given the pinstripe last year. as for baylor, i also realize recruiting texas in your backyard is a different ballgame and we dont have that benefit. briles did get an incredibly talented kid to come to a big 12 cellar dweller and even recruited well enough to compete in a conference much better than ours in 3 years. just waiting for that difference make recruit from doug. also fellas, the time is now and next year, no matter how much we build depth over the next 2 years we will be playing an acc schedule with hunt or broyld as first time starters in 2013. thats my problem with not going for it this year...we have better talent than the play calling and gameplans...

of course i will take the bid...i did say the extra practices are beneficial and marrone has already proven he needs 3-4 weeks to plan and execute an offensive gameplan given the pinstripe last year. as for baylor, i also realize recruiting texas in your backyard is a different ballgame and we dont have that benefit. briles did get an incredibly talented kid to come to a big 12 cellar dweller and even recruited well enough to compete in a conference much better than ours in 3 years. just waiting for that difference make recruit from doug. also fellas, the time is now and next year, no matter how much we build depth over the next 2 years we will be playing an acc schedule with hunt or broyld as first time starters in 2013. thats my problem with not going for it this year...we have better talent than the play calling and gameplans...

We will not be in the ACC before 2014 ... the BCS restructuring would pretty much guaranteed that. But at any rate what you said up above was reject it and did not recant it ... in the other thread your response was "its not an NCAA violation to recruit out of state" and you expect people to take you seriously? Honestly? Fans aren't happy with the last 3 games ... I'm not happy with the last 3 games but I also understand the importance of a bowl game and if what Marrone has stated is true the team will finish 7-5 and be primed for a bowl. I hope he is right and will stick to that tact instead of making remarks that just don't make sense.

Sorry, but a real bone head post.

SU needs a bowl game for 15 additional practices and to convey to recruits that the program is continuing to improve.

Wow.

Sometimes I wonder about our fan base - a lot.

Sorry, but a real bone head post.

SU needs a bowl game for 15 additional practices and to convey to recruits that the program is continuing to improve.

Wow.

Sometimes I wonder about our fan base - a lot.
i did say the practices are beneficial...will take the bowl if and when offered...we are in last place in our conference and may be considered for a bowl; more of a knock on the system...and yes, i am not in the mood to talk bowl before we put together a solid game...