Miami is good | Syracusefan.com

Miami is good

Their coach is excellent. Larranga's late ascension in the coaching ranks reminds me of Beilein but even a later and longer wait till he got the chance to coach at a program in a major conference. Good for him.

They are the best team in Florida this year. FSU has looked terrible so far and Florida can't score and almost lost to ULM in OT.

They are the best team in Florida this year. FSU has looked terrible so far and Florida can't score and almost lost to ULM in OT.

Does Florida have all their guys back yet?

I believe so, Chris Walker played something like 26 minutes in their last game.

I have watched a good bit of college bball and the encouraging thing to me is that there really aren't a lot of teams playing well yet. I only watched Florida against Miami and they certainly struggled in half court offense. There are obviously some teams playing very good ball but for the most part teams are up and down and still trying to figure it out. That bodes well for us IMO and I don't think we could play any worse than we did against Cal.

I have watched a good bit of college bball and the encouraging thing to me is that there really aren't a lot of teams playing well yet. I only watched Florida against Miami and they certainly struggled in half court offense. There are obviously some teams playing very good ball but for the most part teams are up and down and still trying to figure it out. That bodes well for us IMO and I don't think we could play any worse than we did against Cal.
I agree with you completely, if we can just keep improving a bit on each game we should be in for a fun year of basketball.

Their coach is excellent. Larranga's late ascension in the coaching ranks reminds me of Beilein but even a later and longer wait till he got the chance to coach at a program in a major conference. Good for him.

George Mason beating UConn in the 2006 Elite 8 is one of the most shocking tourney upsets of my lifetime. That UConn team was ridiculously talented.

George Mason beating UConn in the 2006 Elite 8 is one of the most shocking tourney upsets of my lifetime. That UConn team was ridiculously talented.

Agreed. George Mason had a very experienced team with some really good players but I kept thinking no way UConn loses this game. Good coaching,, they played great and I think the longer that game went on the tighter UConn got. Lets face it UConn knew they were supposed to win that one as well.

Agreed. George Mason had a very experienced team with some really good players but I kept thinking no way UConn loses this game. Good coaching,, they played great and I think the longer that game went on the tighter UConn got. Lets face it UConn knew they were supposed to win that one as well.

It was also a tough draw for UConn to get Mason in the regional in D.C.

That's worse than UMass in Worcester or Michigan State in Auburn Hills.

I was in LA [actually, Redondo Beach] visiting a friend that weekend, and watched that game in a sports bar. I'm pretty sure it was a Friday or Saturday night game, so the place was packed. There was a loud mouthed uconn fan [which is redundant] at the bar, who kept popping off about how badly the huskies were going to come back and bury GMU. As the game went on, more and more people started rooting for George Mason--not so much because they were actively rooting against uconn, like I was, but because people love to see NCAA upsets.

Anyway, after the good guys hung on to win, the guy has a meltdown and got removed by the bouncers. It was great!

Last edited:
who has Miami beaten?
Florida and Charlotte (destroyed them, and Charlotte is looking pretty good themselves). Not saying Miami is looking invincible, just maybe the surprise team of the ACC this year.

Florida and Charlotte (destroyed them, and Charlotte is looking pretty good themselves). Not saying Miami is looking invincible, just maybe the surprise team of the ACC this year.
That's my point, maybe Florida just ain't that good.

Agree totally. I'm not an X and O expert but I think Larranga is an excellent coach

Okay. I can kinda see the argument about Miami not winning against anyone significant in the last few years. BUT. If you have watched this team play they have been very solid with the talent level they have had. I'm not saying that they will win the NC this year, but they played very well last few years and this year they could make a lot of noise.

Jim L. has coached this team well and it shows. We played them twice last year and they were not easy wins. They had several games they could have taken with a very small margin of defeat. I have to believe, with their talent (if you want to believe in the star system) that Jim L. has coached very well. I'm a fan of Jim L.

(And yes, I don't spell out his last name fully because its got that accent on it and its too much of a PITA to get it right. Besides, you guys get who I'm talking about, right?)

Okay. I can kinda see the argument about Miami not winning against anyone significant in the last few years. BUT. If you have watched this team play they have been very solid with the talent level they have had. I'm not saying that they will win the NC this year, but they played very well last few years and this year they could make a lot of noise.

Jim L. has coached this team well and it shows. We played them twice last year and they were not easy wins. They had several games they could have taken with a very small margin of defeat. I have to believe, with their talent (if you want to believe in the star system) that Jim L. has coached very well. I'm a fan of Jim L.

(And yes, I don't spell out his last name fully because its got that accent on it and its too much of a PITA to get it right. Besides, you guys get who I'm talking about, right?)

Jim Leyland? He's a great coach.

They play charlotte again tomorrow. What are the chances? Hopefully that florida transfer at g will be able to play for Char. The game changed when he went out at the end of the 1st half.

It was also a tough draw for UConn to get Mason in the regional in D.C.

That's worse than UMass in Worcester or Michigan State in Auburn Hills.
UMass in Worcester was a horror story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom