Miami/Wisconsin | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Miami/Wisconsin

Miami's defense is poorly coached. These are not even fades. Hornibrook is inaccurate and throwing to the inside shoulder. These are INTs with any awareness.

This game is a real victory for the eye test and a huge indictment of the playoff selection process. Miami was criminally overrated all year (best win will be against a 3 or 4 loss ND). Meanwhile, Wiscy was criminally underrated and the Big 10 has solidified its claim as the best conference in the land but the system does not reward that.

Wow how do you miss that kick???

Game. Miami embarrassed themselves on both sides of the ball.

This game is a real victory for the eye test and a huge indictment of the playoff selection process. Miami was criminally overrated all year (best win will be against a 3 or 4 loss ND). Meanwhile, Wiscy was criminally underrated and the Big 10 has solidified its claim as the best conference in the land but the system does not reward that.

Wisconsin played no one and were rewarded for being in a mediocre division of the B1G.

Wisconsin has a SOS of 21. They are, in the very least, ranked exactly where they should be.

And when you build a conference with multiple teams at the bottom that are just there to pad the wins/stats for the top 3rd of the conference, you deserve to not be taken seriously.

Always enjoyable to watch the Canes take an L. They and their front running fans are as annoying as they come.

Wisconsin has a SOS of 21. They are, in the very least, ranked exactly where they should be.

That's why I said it was a victory for the eye test. The committee is too scared to employ that. Wisconsin was much much better than the rep they had this year due to the SOS. Btw, the SOS jab is interesting after OSU. Iowa, Purdue and NW all have won their bowl games.

Always enjoyable to watch the Canes take an L. They and their front running fans are as annoying as they come.

I really dislike their fans. So yeah, agree, easy to watch them lose.

Wisconsin is a winning machine. That’s a hard program to dislike. They are just so fundamentally sound in what they do.

Agree to a point. Miami was fraudulent for sure as they were life and death with some very mediocre teams all year long. Ferocious tigers at the Hard Rock and kitty cats on the road.

Wiscy was hard to evaluate because their non conf sked was a joke and they played the weaker members of the B1G. In retrospect they were a very legit top ten team but just not a legit playoff contender largely because of their QB (who ironically was lights out tonight).

No doubt the B1G was excellent this year. But even there I don't think OSU got jobbed. Two decisive losses and even last night they looked decent but nothing special particularly on offense. Barrett is overrated imo.

What was Miami rewarded for? Sucking?

Miami was legitimately one of the best teams in the country this year with their defense carrying them. Not their fault Rosier didn't do his part. They couldn't feast on bottom feeders year in and year out like Wisconsin does. They'll be better next year as the QBs behind Rosier are better which is what they needed all year, but Richt went with Malik for experience reasons. He didn't even have a guarantee before the season started. How much football do you watch outside of Syracuse because it is clear you don't watch much.

I really dislike their fans. So yeah, agree, easy to watch them lose.

Wisconsin is a winning machine. That’s a hard program to dislike. They are just so fundamentally sound in what they do.

I don't get this logic. For basketball, sure? For football, it bodes well for the conference to look good. As much as I don't like BC, it was a blow for them to lose to an average Iowa team the way they did.

How is Wisky fundamentally sound? Russell Wilson was their last legit QB and he would have gone pro if he declared at NC State. They do one thing well and that's running the ball. Ohio State did what Miami should have, exploit their lack of athleticism and speed. Like Miami, they had a mediocre QB that made the game closer than it should have been.

That's why I said it was a victory for the eye test. The committee is too scared to employ that. Wisconsin was much much better than the rep they had this year due to the SOS. Btw, the SOS jab is interesting after OSU. Iowa, Purdue and NW all have won their bowl games.

Miami and Wisconsin made it to Thanksgiving day without a loss. Had it continued, they both would have been in the playoffs, replacing Clemson and Alabama.

Everyone was waiting for the Canes to lose, finally happened against Pitt and then they were done. But still worthy of the Orange Bowl based on the 11-2 regular season.

The team in the B1G that was the most dangerous imo was PSU. Their offense was the best in the conference. They just blew that game in Columbus or they might have been in the CFP.

I don't get this logic. For basketball, sure? For football, it bodes well for the conference to look good. As much as I don't like BC, it was a blow for them to lose to an average Iowa team the way they did.

How is Wisky fundamentally sound? Russell Wilson was their last legit QB and he would have gone pro if he declared at NC State. They do one thing well and that's running the ball. Ohio State did what Miami should have, exploit their lack of athleticism and speed. Like Miami, they had a mediocre QB that made the game closer than it should have been.

So what re: Wisconsin? What they do they do well and fundamentally sound. Run the ball and great OLines. Solid and sound defense. They recruit and play to their strengths/schemes. Who cares about needing NFL prospect QBs? I’m a bit biased perhaps since Madison is awesome and I have a few really cool UW alum friends but I think they are the definition and standard for a winning program/fundamentally sound team.

Miami lacks class. Swagger is one thing acting like a bunch of pimping show boats is another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom