H Houston Baptist - W 80 - 73

H Florida Atlantic - W 75 - 55

H Campbell - W 73 – 62

H NC State - L 82 - 87

A Louisville - L 90 – 73

A Fl State - L 62 – 68

H Wake - W 76 - 65

H North Carolina - L 76 - 85

Roster: Starters in bold //// Points scored last five games - most recent, NC, last

Chris Lykes SO - 5' 7” 157 G 28, 18, 17, 25, 20

Dejan Vasljevic JR - 6'3” 184 G 6, 19, 6, 14, 3

Willie Herenton SO - 6' 1” 178 G 0, 5, 0, 0, 0

Anthony Lawrence II SR – 6' 7” 207 12, 4, 14, 13, 18

Zach Johnson RSR – 6' 2” - 6' 2” 192 G 21, 19, 6, 8, 17

Dominic Proctor SO – 6' 6” - 180 ?

Anthony Mack RFR – 6' 6” - 214 5, 3, 2, 4, 0

Rodney Miller JR - 7' 0” 255 C ?

Ebuka Izundu SR - 6' 10” 232 C 10, 8, 13, 11, 13

Dewan Hernandez 6' 11” 235 ?

Sam Waardebburg RSO 6' 10” 0, 2, 4, 6, 5

Deng Gak RF 6' 10” 211 4, 2, 4, 1, 5

Kameron Mc Gusty Jr. 6'5” 192 ?

Miami:
Coming off a 9 PT loss vs. North Carolina. Loaded with guards and a few Bigs, it is their smallest guard who makes the biggest difference for the Canes. He is their top scorer / best player and FT shooter. A very fast, complete player who can hit from anywhere. He hit 14 – 14 from the FT line and is the programs best. At 5'7” 157 Chris Lykes is averaging 21.6 ppg and shooting 51.5 percent from the field in five conference games this season. At 6' 10” 232 Izundu is a center who can score.

We have to play like we did @ Dook and vs Pitt. This one will be as tough as any of them have been in the DOME. GOSU :)

Last edited:
counting on jet lag and t.s.a. delays to knock them off their game.

Oh, flew in from Miami Beach B.O.A.C.
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man I had a dreadful flight ...

Are you saying it isn't?

It’s been covered extensively for years here, usually by comments made by you. No, by definition it isn’t a must win. Yes, it’s a game we should win, and a game that would really help us to eventually not need any TRUE must win games down the stretch (ie acc tournament).

Let’s win regardless.

It’s been covered extensively for years here, usually by comments made by you. No, by definition it isn’t a must win. Yes, it’s a game we should win, and a game that would really help us to eventually not need any TRUE must win games down the stretch (ie acc tournament).

Let’s win regardless.
We can't afford any more bad losses

Are you saying it isn't?
its most definitely very important because it's a game we should win and have some very tough games comin up. Very important game also cause we always seem to lose games that we should win so makes games like this I guess u can say a must win

We should have Tyus bring the ball up and run plays to get the ball to Frank 10-12 feet from the hoop. He'll abuse the midget in there. If they bring help, Frank should have an easy pass to somebody.
Bring ball down and give it to Marek at high post. We actually have an offense when we he has it

Yeah, except - we can.
IF we offset them with good wins.
see: GT, then Duke. :cool:

Well, how about we win the games we're supposed to win -- like this one -- and pick up at least one more that we're NOT supposed to, preferably on the road.

That should give us a relatively stress-free Selection Sunday.

Lykes scares the crap out of me and what he could do pestering Frank.
Hopefully the zone will limit his penetration which is a large part of his game. His quickness is incredible. Miami has far more weaknesses than SU and SU should win. But I always remember the ODU and GT games. Which SU team will decide to show up? This game is doubly important since the team hits the road for 3 games.

Bring ball down and give it to Marek at high post. We actually have an offense when we he has it
The only thing that drove me insane in the last game was using Oshae in the high post. Marek needs to be there 100% of the time when we're facing zone.

Lykes scares the crap out of me and what he could do pestering Frank.
Lets have Lykes talk to Tre Jones about pestering Frank. Lykes is smaller and just as frail.

Ok I’m probably gonna get shot here but I wouldn’t mind Marek dribbling more. He’s got a good handle, smart, quick, and rarely turns ball over. The guys he goes against are gonna be left behind or foul.

Lets have Lykes talk to Tre Jones about pestering Frank. Lykes is smaller and just as frail.

You're joking right? Frank was pestering Jones so much in that game, that in the first 5:24 Frank picked up his 3rd foul and had 2 turnovers. The injury to Jones has nothing to do with being frail, vs. just two guys going hard after a loose ball on the floor, and Jones being the less fortunate.

You're joking right? Frank was pestering Jones so much in that game, that in the first 5:24 Frank picked up his 3rd foul and had 2 turnovers. The injury to Jones has nothing to do with being frail, vs. just two guys going hard after a loose ball on the floor, and Jones being the less fortunate.

True, but the 3 fouls thing is bogus. The third foul is when Jones got hurt which is the worst foul call ever. Two guys going for a loose ball. How did they decide who got the foul?

True, but the 3 fouls thing is bogus. The third foul is when Jones got hurt which is the worst foul call ever. Two guys going for a loose ball. How did they decide who got the foul?

Because of Frank's rocky start and Jones being the best "on ball" defender the world has ever seen (well at least according to Bilas) the refs heard Jay say this after the 118th (same as your age) time in that 5 minute span...so the refs bought in and charged Frank. ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom