miami... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

miami...

We should have Tyus bring the ball up and run plays to get the ball to Frank 10-12 feet from the hoop. He'll abuse the midget in there. If they bring help, Frank should have an easy pass to somebody.
Frank should not have the ball in his hands anywhere near Lykes. He should pull a Steve Kerr who immediately passed whenever the General got anywhere near him at the Great AK Shootout, RIP.

You're joking right? Frank was pestering Jones so much in that game, that in the first 5:24 Frank picked up his 3rd foul and had 2 turnovers. The injury to Jones has nothing to do with being frail, vs. just two guys going hard after a loose ball on the floor, and Jones being the less fortunate.

Frank had 1 turnover in the 1st half and it was a bad bounce pass on a give and go to Oshae. His first 2 fouls were fouling Williamson. The third one was the diving for a ball. So none of it had to do with Jones except them colliding.

Yeah, except - we can.
IF we offset them with good wins.
see: GT, then Duke. :cool:
The duke win is great but how many more bad losses do you want to tempt the committee with?

Frank should not have the ball in his hands anywhere near Lykes. He should pull a Steve Kerr who immediately passed whenever the General got anywhere near him at the Great AK Shootout, RIP.

Why not? Frank has not had the ball stolen from him this year. And last year some people were saying the same thing about Frank and Lykes. Frank played 40 mins and had 1 turnover with 6 assists.

Euro dude that will hit 5 3’s from the corner is only a junior still? :mad:

Why not? Frank has not had the ball stolen from him this year. And last year some people were saying the same thing about Frank and Lykes. Frank played 40 mins and had 1 turnover with 6 assists.
He was over matched at Duke before the injury.

So already losing to odu uconn and gt you want to add miami to that list
Totally beside the point.
Your post says it’s a “must-win” game.
We’re in January, ffs, with 2 months left to the season.
If they lose, the season keeps going...they don’t get sent home.
By its very definition, it’s obvious this is not a must-win game.
An important game? Absolutely.
But “ must-win”?
Not by a long shot.

Totally beside the point.
Your post says it’s a “must-win” game.
We’re in January, ffs, with 2 months left to the season.
If they lose, the season keeps going...they don’t get sent home.
By its very definition, it’s obvious this is not a must-win game.
An important game? Absolutely.
But “ must-win”?
Not by a long shot.
We already have 3 bad losses and have 3 difficult road games coming up if you want to make the tourney I highly advise winning tom. Can they lose and still make it possible but extremely difficult.

We already have 3 bad losses and have 3 difficult road games coming up if you want to make the tourney I highly advise winning tom. Can they lose and still make it possible but extremely difficult.
Thanks for proving my point.
If they lose, it’ll be difficult, sure.
But they won’t be eliminated from contention. There’s still more than half the season to go, so why are u ready to throw in the towel?
A loss makes it harder, but not impossible.
Hence, not making this Miami game, a “must-win”. Capiche?

Thanks for proving my point.
If they lose, it’ll be difficult, sure.
But they won’t be eliminated from contention. There’s still more than half the season to go, so why are u ready to throw in the towel?
A loss makes it harder, but not impossible.
Hence, not making this Miami game, a “must-win”. Capiche?
I'm not throwing in the towel but this is as close to must win as it gets. I think we win tom for the record but if we lose what would you put our tourney chances at?

I'm not throwing in the towel but this is as close to must win as it gets. I think we win tom for the record but if we lose what would you put our tourney chances at?

Our OOC performance makes it so that we need to have a solid ACC performance. Can’t really know just what’s needed until you know what you’re up against.

If trends continue, we’ll lose some more games we shouldn’t and win some more games we shouldn’t. Having a win at Duke in our back pocket certainly is nice.

It’s too long of a season with too much that changes on a daily basis for the next 6 weeks to say we’re “in” or “out” after any given game. IMO.

Every remaining game in the regular season is important to one degree or another but none of them are "must win" games.

A loss to Miami followed by a 2-1 record in the next 3 away games and then 2-0 in the 2 home games after that - all of which is possible - would put SU at 8-3 in the ACC and in good position to make the NCAAT.

Every remaining game in the regular season is important to one degree or another but none of them are "must win" games.

A loss to Miami followed by a 2-1 record in the next 3 away games and then 2-0 in the 2 home games after that - all of which is possible - would put SU at 8-3 in the ACC and in good position to make the NCAAT.

I'm sorry, but - there is no place for your math, logic, and reason here. ;)

They are Georgia Tech craptastic. Can't lose to both of these cellar dweller squads at home.

Fair enough.
Then call it what it is- “close to” a must-win, which btw, i still disagree with.
Frankly, labeling a conference game in Jan w/ 1/3 of the ACC season not yet finished a “must-win”, is way over-the-top.
JMHO

Last edited:
Nope. In what way? Jones didn’t turn him over either. You were wrong about Lykes so now you move on to another game?
He struggled against Jones. We were unable to start our normal offense and fell behind 12 nothing. Frank has become very good at protecting the ball but he is disrupted by quicker players. In recognition of this, he should not put himself in a position to be challenged by certain players that are unusually quick.

He struggled against Jones. We were unable to start our normal offense and fell behind 12 nothing. Frank has become very good at protecting the ball but he is disrupted by quicker players. In recognition of this, he should not put himself in a position to be challenged by certain players that are unusually quick.

I don’t know man. It got to 6-0 when Frank went out with the 2 fouls. We had 3 possessions. A turnover on a pick and roll, a missed layup, and a missed open jumper. Then we had the back to back turnovers by Jalen. I didn’t see him struggling. Of course Jones makes it harder because he’s one of the best defenders in the country supposedly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom