Michael Gbinije | Syracusefan.com

Michael Gbinije

He was a Duke transfer you know. For anyone that didn't watch any Syracuse games. They manage to mention that every time we were on tv. Somehow, they don't do that with every other transfer we have got. Like PC.
That actually really got on my nerves. He was a Syracuse star and a big Coach K mistake.

Kid played like a giant against Duke and uva

He was a Duke transfer you know. For anyone that didn't watch any Syracuse games. They manage to mention that every time we were on tv. Somehow, they don't do that with every other transfer we have got. Like PC.

C'mon silly, of course they don't...PC wasn't a Duke transfer.

That used to infuriate me!!! Even after doing nothing there and being at Cuse for three years he was always the Duke transfer!!

Thought maybe it was just him, but watching the USC Stanford game the other night, Marcus Thornton is getting the same treatment.

I guess it’s an enigma anytime someone leaves the almighty Duke! Wonder if Tucker will be the same?

great player . tremendous skills. versatile. but will always be considered a bit of a stepchild becuz of the transfer. adopted not be(g)otten.

Last edited:
Come on, he played 111 minutes for Duke. Battle, Brissett and Howard do that in one game.
I can not overstate the awesomeness of this post. Three cheers good sir.

Geez, even his Wiki page has him in a Duke uni. <SMFH>

270px-MichaelGbinje.jpg

Michael Gbinije - Wikipedia

Man, I think we may not recognize the player we had in Gbinje. Wish we had someone on our roster that could handle the fast break like this...

Easily one of my favorite Cuse players of the last decade. His development from year to year was a joy to watch. If he were a year younger, he'd have been a first rounder.

Gbinije may’ve been one of the most important SU players of the last 20 something years

Love the guy but,

Etan Thomas
Preston Shumpert
Hakim Warrick
Gmac
Melo
Andy Rautins
Jonny Flynn
Kris Joseph
Wes Johnson
Brandon Triche
Rick Jackson
CJ Fair

All played within the past 20 years. I even left a few guys off that had contributions that I'd say are comparable to Gs.

Love the guy but,

Etan Thomas
Preston Shumpert
Hakim Warrick
Gmac
Melo
Andy Rautins
Jonny Flynn
Kris Joseph
Wes Johnson
Brandon Triche
Rick Jackson
CJ Fair

All played within the past 20 years. I even left a few guys off that had contributions that I'd say are comparable to Gs.
I view him as on the same level as Fair and Joseph. Helped lead and at times carry teams that made deep runs. His efforts in 2015-2016 really helped us squeak out the regular season and allowed us to get to a point to make that postseason run.

This board often reaches back and says “we were in the final four just 2 years ago” when we feel as if people are over-exagerating the state of this program. Well, that doesnt happen without silent g’s development and dominance. Malachi’s game vs uva doesnt happen. Our game va gonzaga doesnt happen. This board would probably be a noticeably sadder place.

Love the guy but,

Etan Thomas
Preston Shumpert
Hakim Warrick
Gmac
Melo
Andy Rautins
Jonny Flynn
Kris Joseph
Wes Johnson
Brandon Triche
Rick Jackson
CJ Fair

Without even comparing the first 5 guys on your list, G was every bit as good and in some cases better than the rest of those guys. He was statistically the best shooter in the rest of that group. He had a very good college career. His senior year was much better than CJ Fair's. Those two are comparable as guys who really grew into good players as Juniors and Seniors and played almost identical minutes as Juniors/Seniors. Fair's shooting percentage was awful as a senior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom