Michael Paulus set to lead 'Cuse Athletic Development | Syracusefan.com

Michael Paulus set to lead 'Cuse Athletic Development

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

Syracuse native Michael Paulus, Ph.D. is returning to Central New York to join Syracuse University Athletics as the senior associate athletics director/executive director of athletic development. Paulus brings 10 years of collegiate athletics development experience to his new role with the Orange Club.

Assuming he’s related to Greg?

best of luck to him - hopefully he doesn’t flop in this new position

Younger brother.

Played QB at UNC and William & Mary.

Will be interesting to see if he can have the same success as previous stops. MS is a poor state but the football factories down there never are lacking in funding. Also Annapolis for sure is another market with lots of wealth to tap into.

Will be interesting to see if he can have the same success as previous stops. MS is a poor state but the football factories down there never are lacking in funding. Also Annapolis for sure is another market with lots of wealth to tap into.
Ah finally a post about what his job will actually be. I agree about your comments about his previous stops. But at least he has some decent experience. Hopefully he can use that and make some headway.

It’s amazing that people fail to understand that if kids didn’t leave their home town/state, that SU wouldn’t have D-1 athletics. Why should local kids be held to a different standard. Seem hypocritical?
Not every kid in the country grows up 5 minutes away from a Power 5 program.

In state kids are one thing. Backyard kids are another.

My daughter was at William & Mary when he played there. Superb place to go to school. Saw one game there when he played. W&M won...welcome home, Dr. Paulus...

Not every kid in the country grows up 5 minutes away from a Power 5 program.

In state kids are one thing. Backyard kids are another.
What’s your acceptable radius. Frankly, I never understand kids wanting to go to college really close to home. (Economic and family reasons, excepted.)

What’s your acceptable radius. Frankly, I never understand kids wanting to go to college really close to home. (Economic and family reasons, excepted.)
Agreed. Getting some distance from home was as valuable as anything I learned in class at syracuse. Always appreciate it when kids get out of their comfort zone.

Not really, if I had his opportunity i would get out of town too

Or it just really wasn’t the right fit.

Jonny Damon went from the Red Sox to the Yanks. That’s the most sacrilegious thing I can think of, but all’s fair play in capitalism and freedom. (Sounds weirder than intended.)

Or it just really wasn’t the right fit.

Jonny Damon went from the Red Sox to the Yanks. That’s the most sacrilegious thing I can think of, but all’s fair play in capitalism and freedom. (Sounds weirder than intended.)

Ditto Wade Boggs.