Michigan decommit looking at Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Michigan decommit looking at Syracuse

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
http://media.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./media/image/98/984815.jpg

CB Anthony Standifer no longer on Hoke's commitment list

CB Anthony Standifer (Crete, Ill., Monee) is no longer considered to be on coach Brady Hoke’s list of commitments, TheWolverine.com reported Tuesday. The 6-foot-1, 178-pound DB was a 3-star recruit according to . He originally committed to Hoke in June and was the nation’s 46th-ranked CB.

Illinios' new head coach Tim Beckman had recruited Anthony while coaching at Toledo. He may take a run at Standifer.

Ty Wheatley had recruited Standifer and has been in touch. He has to check to see if there is room at our inn. Grades are not an issue. My speculation is that he may have been recruited over as Michigan has a glut of highly rated DB's.

Wolverines lose defensive back Anthony Standifer

Decent offer list according to TOB... It's hard to imagine us turning him away if he wanted to come here.

Definitely a position of need. Hope we can get him on board, unless we have better options.

It is us and Illini ... though Mich St may make a late run. He really likes TW

It is us and Illini ... though Mich St may make a late run. He really likes TW

I hope TW is getting a pay raise. Between the work he's doing with the RB's and being a recognizable name and fresh face to potential recruits, this dude is pretty important to Marrone right now.

There is room at the inn for him ... we need help in secondary, and he has good size

I hope we don't wait around for Morgan to committ. If this guy is willing to commit and Morgan is waiting around, give him that spot.

Is Morgan strictly a DB? Could he be used in the slot?

I hope we don't wait around for Morgan to committ. If this guy is willing to commit and Morgan is waiting around, give him that spot.

I wonder if we told Morgan to take his time before commiting because this guy is back in play?

If there isn't room, make room. Definately a position of need. I think he looks better than Morgan, but getting both would be nice.

Given the tweet thread there may be another roster spot open as well.

Latest video I could find posted in August I can hear it now from some, but he didn't use two hands on that int (24 second mark) and he got caught from behind on the play after returning it about 40 yards.
wink.png

These are more recent videos for those who still have their Scout subscriptions

I continue to be impressed with the size of Maronne's recruits he is targeting. Another big dback is never a bad thing. The only guys under 6'1" are Whigham (6') and Smllwood (5'10").

I continue to be impressed with the size of Maronne's recruits he is targeting. Another big dback is never a bad thing. The only guys under 6'1" are Whigham (6') and Smllwood (5'10").

and whigham has been a serious ball hawk -- 10 picks this year

and whigham has been a serious ball hawk -- 10 picks this year

And Whigham is playing cornerback. He's long and lanky like Keon Lyn. I've been surprised there's so much talk about Whigham at safety. No way.

Good, tall, corners are a premium. If Standifer wants to come to Syracuse then you make room.

I'm not sure there is a room issue at this point though. Graham opened up a spot, Harris opened up a spot, Parsons opened up a spot, Smallwood is a fat ? mark, and there will be a couple of others.

I think SU wants to build a team like Pitt two years ago, where everyone, especially the receivers were all above 6'2"

And Whigham is playing cornerback. He's long and lanky like Keon Lyn. I've been surprised there's so much talk about Whigham at safety. No way.

Good, tall, corners are a premium. If Standifer wants to come to Syracuse then you make room.

I'm not sure there is a room issue at this point though. Graham opened up a spot, Harris opened up a spot, Parsons opened up a spot, Smallwood is a fat ? mark, and there will be a couple of others.
Whigham's playing safety now. Also said he prefers safety, said its easier to bait QB's at safety. Article on TOS says staff has him as CB...so he's probably going to be a CB