Michigan fans | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Michigan fans

Refs were inconsistent both ways. Hardaway pushed off every time he dribbled the ball up the court. McGary was all over our post players all game. Behanan got mugged by 4 defenders under the basket at the end. Michigan got screwed a few times as well but I think it evened out in the end.

Funny how things seemingly even out in one's perspective when their team wins the game. :rolleyes:

McGary is a goon. So is Behanan. Hardaway pushed off because you have to push off against Louisville because they invade your space and the refs rarely call fouls against on-the-ball defenders anymore for bumping and clutching. Pitino relies on this fact - he's said as much publicly.

I don't know about them being goons, however, I will wholeheartedly agree about your comments on Hardaway having to push off. It's pretty common knowledge how Louisville plays and how they constantly get away with fouling by constantly impeding the offensive player's movement. Sunday morning's ESPN's 'Sports Reporters' had a great segment about it. Basically concluded that NCAA refs would constantly be calling fouls against L'ville and how NBA refs would make those calls against them, but not NCAA...and why, in part, the college game/officiating dramatically needs to change in that regard...

The rule is written pretty clearly (as is the case with pretty much every foul). It is the officiating that needs to be changed. It used to be "when in doubt, it's a blocking foul".
Respectfully disagree. Any rule that is written where you have to GUESS what happened, is a bad rule. All these guys sliding in late is too hard to determine in real time...not to mention that somebody is really going to get hurt. Just change the rule to read that the defender has to be set a full step before the offensive player arrives. Any doubt goes to the offensive player. You'd see a lot less late defensive slides and the game would be more exciting. Watching refs continually make calls that are second guessed (and often wrong because of it) takes too much away from the game.

I don't think Hardaway's push offs were a product of Loiusville defense. He pushed off MCW to foul him out.

Apparently it's just what he calls an offensive move.

I don't think Hardaway's push offs were a product of Loiusville defense. He pushed off MCW to foul him out.

Apparently it's just what he calls an offensive move.

The push off was the 4th foul. His horrid flop was the 5th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom