Michigan hire? | Syracusefan.com

Michigan hire?

just highlights the problem of hiring a beloved alumnus. it's that much harder to axe them.
When was the last Syracuse basketball coach who was technically fired?

When was the last Syracuse basketball coach who was technically fired?
well exactly. take JB, red, little gerry . all syracuse legends . hard to cut the ties without some hard feelings. all time cuse legend gary gait is coaching the men. how do you say get out when they've given you so much in the past. it just makes everything so much more awkward. outside hires are a much cleaner cut. dino. adios. you ain't hanging in the rafters. next !

Brian Dutcher but he's probably too old.
Maybe not.
He's done well at San Diego State.

Also there's Dusty May who's taken Florida Atlantic up from nowhere.

And former Bryant coach Jared Grasso may be sufficiently "rehabilitated." The hit and run charge against him was dropped. And he may have gotten his personal act together.

Maybe not.
He's done well at San Diego State.

Also there's Dusty May who's taken Florida Atlantic up from nowhere.

And former Bryant coach Jared Grasso may be sufficiently "rehabilitated." The hit and run charge against him was dropped. And he may have gotten his personal act together.
I have a hard time seeing him getting any job, let alone a big job. if you hire him at this point, you own him. He messes up, it's on you.

Wonder if they consider McDermott? Ohio State's moron fans nixed that hire and its cost them.

Thamel reported yesterday that Cronin has a $20M buy-out. Otzelburger (Iowa St) has $17M.

The story is that neither Michigan nor OSU is going that big.

We'll see.

Thamel reported yesterday that Cronin has a $20M buy-out. Otzelburger (Iowa St) has $17M.

The story is that neither Michigan nor OSU is going that big.

We'll see.
That’s a lot of cash for a hoops coach, even at two factory schools. I really like DeVries, the coach at Drake, he doesn’t get as many props as some of these other names that are on every writer’s shortlist

Last edited:
That’s a lot of cash for a hoops coach, even at two factory schools. I really like DeVries, the coach at Drake, he doesn’t get as much props as some of these other names that are on every writer’s shortlist
There are lots of quality coaches at mid-majors and low majors (and also at lower-level conferences). What we don't know is whether they can run a D-I program. It's a whole different world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom