Michigan Takes This Tonight! | Syracusefan.com

Michigan Takes This Tonight!

mantonio

Starter
This Wolverine team should be watching Syracuse win the title tonight, minus those terrible officials' calls, but they played our ORANGE better than anyone outside of the Big East elite.

Louisville is good, but they had a relatively easy path to this game. Duke turned out to be a paper tiger after all...

Blue Nation will be chanting the Red Dawn mantra when the clock strikes zero's on this gorgeous night, & this pathetic Cardinals squad can finally be relegated to the trash heap of history, joining their Phi Slamma Jamma brethren...

No chance. Pitino won his second title the second we were eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No chance. Pitino won his second title the second we were eliminated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Louisville is somewhat overrated. I think they are primed to lose. John Cahill is probably reffing so anything can happen. And if Russ Smith gets in foul trouble then fuggetsboutit.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

McGary is the Never Nervous Pervis of this Wolverine squad, & the Irony of this shall haunt Cardinal Nation for years to come...

Louisville is somewhat overrated. I think they are primed to lose. John Cahill is probably reffing so anything can happen. And if Russ Smith gets in foul trouble then fuggetsboutit.

Is Cahill really working the game tonight?

Cahill officiated the SU vs L'ville game in the BET and I think he officiated the L'ville the other night. I'll go with L'ville if he is simply because he will let them maul Michigan tonight.

I dislike Louisville as much as the next SU fan, but "overrated"? They have won 15 in a row, won the BET, and are one win away from an NC as the overall #1 seed, and were the only #1 to reach the FF in a year of great parity. How much more could they have possibly done to this point not to be overrated?

They are exactly who many thought they were.

sink hole.. mid court... earth eats 'em all.

Is Cahill really working the game tonight?

Cahill officiated the SU vs L'ville game in the BET and I think he officiated the L'ville the other night. I'll go with L'ville if he is simply because he will let them maul Michigan tonight.
It was Jones, Hess and Wymer the other night. I think they were saving Cahill for tonight.

I dislike Louisville as much as the next SU fan, but "overrated"? They have won 15 in a row, won the BET, and are one win away from an NC as the overall #1 seed, and were the only #1 to reach the FF in a year of great parity. How much more could they have possibly done to this point not to be overrated?

They are exactly who many thought they were.
Sure, their resume is impressive, but I don't think they are as good as some people make them out to be. If it wasn't for Luke Hancock and a questionable call by Karl Hess, they might not even be playing tonight. If you want to make the argument that they were outplayed and still found a way to win, I'll give you that. However, I don't think Louisville is the 1990 UNLV team or even the 1991 UNLV team.

Look at the stats of their two "best" players. Siva is a 40% shooter and Russdiculous is a 42% shooter. We know they play tough defense but how much have the refs let them get away with. I don't think they will be allowed all the latitude they have had all season and I just think they are going to be in big trouble tonight. Just my opinion.

Sure, their resume is impressive, but I don't think they are as good as some people make them out to be. If it wasn't for Luke Hancock and a questionable call by Karl Hess, they might not even be playing tonight. If you want to make the argument that they were outplayed and still found a way to win, I'll give you that. However, I don't think Louisville is the 1990 UNLV team or even the 1991 UNLV team.

Look at the stats of their two "best" players. Siva is a 40% shooter and Russdiculous is a 42% shooter. We know they play tough defense but how much have the refs let them get away with. I don't think they will be allowed all the latitude they have had all season and I just think they are going to be in big trouble tonight. Just my opinion.

I respect that, clifton. Not trying to change your opinion. IMO, Louisville has played up to the lofty expectations for this team this year (I don't see the relevance in mentioning the UNLV teams, et al). My opinion is simply that they are not "overrated." You are entitled to a different opinion.

I like Michigan +4. I think they win outright.
I almost called that as my stone cold lock of the season, but I didn't want to be that brash. I agree though.

If you say Louisville is ONE of the top 7 or 8 teams in America, yes, they are that good.

But then Again, so is Syracuse, so is Michigan, & a handful of other teams.

Take away the Big East officiating, & Louisville cannot get a decided advantage over any of the other top teams.