Michigan Will Be a Challenge | Syracusefan.com

Michigan Will Be a Challenge

Col. Bleep

All American
Burke is the national POY and McGary is a handful...maybe the most versatile big man we've faced all year.

But...does it matter?
If we keep playing the defense we've been playing...no one beats us.
No one.

I'm not so sure I agree with Buzz Williams. I think the zone has been active and great, but I think Indiana and Marquette just had bad shooting nights.

If Michigan (and that Stauskus kid) are anywhere near as hot as they were today, I think Cuse will struggle big time. Even so, I cannot think of a game apart from the first Marquette game where a team was unnaturally hot from 3 against us all year, so maybe I'm wrong.

90% of McGary's offense comes via the pick/roll. Can't do that against Cuse. I think he'll actually have a quiet offensive game against us.

KU was the much easier game. Sucks they choked against the best team in the tournament other than us.

I like our chances. MCW can easily beat Burke off the dribble; zone helps to take away the pick and roll, which is really the only way Burke and Co are effective; and if we can penetrate and get McGary in foul trouble, they really don't have anything else that scares me much.

I am not worried... We would/will toast either of these teams.

HA! Michigan is a tough matchup for us. They have big guards that can shoot. If Michigan gets hot from outside, it may be a long night.

HA! Michigan is a tough matchup for us. They have big guards that can shoot. If Michigan gets hot from outside, it may be a long night.
big guards? 6'1" and 6'4"? then stauskas who wore out everything today.. he was like 3-19 before being unguarded today. Our length will with them

bring on the wolverines... of course the next game will be a challenge.

You could say the same thing if we get hot because we actually play defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The reason why our defense has been so formidable is Marquette/Indiana couldnt hit shots. Now, Marquette was just a bad shooting team but Indiana is a pretty good shooting team but our length prevented them from getting good looks. IDK, UM has more size in the backcourt and quite frankley Burke is alot better than any guard we have seen thus far in the tourney.

The reason why our defense has been so formidable is Marquette/Indiana couldnt hit shots. Now, Marquette was just a bad shooting team but Indiana is a pretty good shooting team but our length prevented them from getting good looks. IDK, UM has more size in the backcourt and quite frankley Burke is alot better than any guard we have seen thus far in the tourney.

guards are generally not the problem vs the zone. skilled guards who can penetrate are neutralized to an extent. Its skilled bigs that present the problem.

Indiana is one of the very best shooting teams. the way the zone played against IU... no chance for Michigan. They are not world beaters. They looked good today because, as I've said over and over, UF sucks. they are godawful.

Yeah, what the heck? I was hoping for SUNY Binghamton.

Hahaha. I work at that sorry ass excuse for a D1 institution.

No school spirt, and the students make fun of me when I wear my Syracuse gear. When you have no football team, and your basketball team is the WORST in the country, you have no idea about school spirit.

It's going to come down to whether Hardaway and GR3 can do damage at the FT line. If so, that opens up McGary, and really gives Stauskas looks from the corner.

Burke is the national POY and McGary is a handful...maybe the most versatile big man we've faced all year.

But...does it matter?
If we keep playing the defense we've been playing...no one beats us.
No one.
Michigan is roadkill...a speedbump.

I'm not so sure I agree with Buzz Williams. I think the zone has been active and great, but I think Indiana and Marquette just had bad shooting nights.

If Michigan (and that Stauskus kid) are anywhere near as hot as they were today, I think Cuse will struggle big time. Even so, I cannot think of a game apart from the first Marquette game where a team was unnaturally hot from 3 against us all year, so maybe I'm wrong.

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/518
(actually, I thought we were #1)

Michigan doesmt defend. I like the matchup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the key. Simple as this. Michigan will have a much tougher time scoring on us then we will have on them. Love the matchup

my opinion is we have the best player in the country with the finally hitting his stride mcw- that alone makes me believe we are going to beat michigan and then win the whole enchilada. Burke is awesome but I think at their comparable best MCW is better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom