Mick Cronin post game presser | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin post game presser

Interesting things to say about Brandon and end game inbound defense by SU. BTW, I liked the tenor of the whole thing, much better than JB's stuff that I hear.

http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/
The guy asking Cronin those questions is Dan Hoard, long time voice of the Bearcats. He was a sportscaster and a fledgling play by play guy (mostly AAA Chiefs) in Syracuse at the beginning of his career.

Good guy, really good play by play man. If SU ever needs to replace Matt Park, Dan would be a really strong candidate.

The guy asking Cronin those questions is Dan Hoard, long time voice of the Bearcats. He was a sportscaster and a fledgling play by play guy (mostly AAA Chiefs) in Syracuse at the beginning of his career.

Good guy, really good play by play man. If SU ever needs to replace Matt Park, Dan would be a really strong candidate.
Used to do the SU BB postgame radio show, back in the day.

Worked with him sparingly when he was with the Pawtucket Red Sox. Great guy.

interesting how they played so well in the 2nd half and yet only scored 37 pts and mostly due to the fact they shot like 7-14 on 3's. they only made like 8 2 pt shots the whole game. the ball movement was better but it was really the o-reb that kept them in the game. its another example though of how a 35 clock lets avg teams stay in games by running 30 secs off every possession , throw bad shots up and hope the rebounds bounce all over.

we shot 46% only turned it over 6 times and managed only 57 pts.. that shows it was more the stalling that kept the score down than solid D.

interesting how they played so well in the 2nd half and yet only scored 37 pts and mostly due to the fact they shot like 7-14 on 3's. they only made like 8 2 pt shots the whole game. the ball movement was better but it was really the o-reb that kept them in the game. its another example though of how a 35 clock lets avg teams stay in games by running 30 secs off every possession , throw bad shots up and hope the rebounds bounce all over.

we shot 46% only turned it over 6 times and managed only 57 pts.. that shows it was more the stalling that kept the score down than solid D.

I hate the way that team plays. I cant wait to get the hell out of this conference and get away from this style of play. Drives me crazy.

Tom great call on Dan Hoard, I definitely recognized tha voice the minute I heard it. I am pretty sure he did some SU football and possibly Lacrosse games back in the early 90's when it was SU super sports on I think cablevision.

Tom great call on Dan Hoard, I definitely recognized tha voice the minute I heard it. I am pretty sure he did some SU football and possibly Lacrosse games back in the early 90's when it was SU super sports on I think cablevision.

Yes - definitely a sideline guy on the football broadcasts with Dave Cohen and Dale.

Love the color guy trying to rile him up. "How about the bank shot that went in right in front of you?"

Back in the days when only a handful of football games were televised I would get the highlights from the Syracuse Sidelines show Dan Hoard hosted with Coach P. I have a few VCR tapes upstars with him from like 92-94

Gee Cronin is just like JB after a game that they lose by 2 after being up by 8 late.

Nice interview. Cronin's a good coach. I really liked how he talked specifics regarding strategy and execution about both teams. Thanks for posting it. Physically I can't help it Cronin reminds me of an Irish Jeff VanGundy. I could see him wrapping his arms around Mourning's leg to stop a fight too.

Dan Hoard AND Mike Tirico were in the house...the old Channel 5 Sports team.

Too bad the old Channel 3 sports team couldn't make it. (Too soon?)

Love the color guy trying to rile him up. "How about the bank shot that went in right in front of you?"

The way that color guy kept interuppting Cronin, he would have been throttled if that had been JB.

Nice interview. Cronin's a good coach. I really liked how he talked specifics regarding strategy and execution about both teams. Thanks for posting it. Physically I can't help it Cronin reminds me of an Irish Jeff VanGundy. I could see him wrapping his arms around Mourning's leg to stop a fight too.

I doubt he's as funny though.

Mark Jackson: Iverson is the best pound for pound player I've seen.
JVG: What does that even mean?
MJ: Well [blah blah he's short].
JVG: I'm trying to lose some weight so I can be a better pound for pound announcer.

Soooo...Cronin worried that Triche would do it...told team to defend Triche...and Triche still stepped up. Interestingly, now two straight coaches are talking positively about Triche...hmmmmm!

it is so dumb, they really need to change the shot clock

I remember the first time I saw CJ put in one of those tip-ins...I remember thinking how really lucky that was...

"They lead the nation at 42 points a game in the paint."

Cronin spitting out facts about SU that even most hardcore fans didn't know. Level-headed, well-prepared coach - I like it.

van_gundy_mourning.jpg

Soooo...Cronin worried that Triche would do it...told team to defend Triche...and Triche still stepped up. Interestingly, now two straight coaches are talking positively about Triche...hmmmmm!
Stop it. Tristan says BT is no good. A New Hampshire level player at best. What do these college coaches know next to tristy?

Stop it. Tristan says BT is no good. A New Hampshire level player at best. What do these college coaches know next to tristy?
Hey Dash...where the heck is Tristy...I miss him...he adds flash to the pan...makes me drink more Jack and Coke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom