Mick Cronin: You don't see officials get in Jim Boeheim or Coach K's face | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mick Cronin: You don't see officials get in Jim Boeheim or Coach K's face

Immediately after the Duke game Tony Greene said he got 75 messages from fellow refs supporting him. The officials are unified on this one and so far it doesn't seem that we are getting any breaks. What JB did and said to Greene is something this group has taken personally.

I think this is true.

I'm still happy Boeheim did what he did, but the calls have been more inconsistent than usual in the two games since the freak-out. Really one-sided (how about the charges - again! - yesterday?).

I think this is true.

I'm still happy Boeheim did what he did, but the calls have been more inconsistent than usual in the two games since the freak-out. Really one-sided (how about the charges - again! - yesterday?).

Ennis getting run over for his 2nd "foul" yesterday was brutal.

Ennis getting run over for his 2nd "foul" yesterday was brutal.

Really bad, especially in light of the same call going against us on defense (was it Christmas?).

I should note that that's not why we lost. But it makes me enjoy college basketball less when I see that the game is kind of rigged. And there's nothing worse than listening to Dick Vitale heap praise upon everyone and everything while a game unravels in this way. He and Shulman are infuriatingly dishonest.

That was right after the game I imagine he heard from others who were working games at the same time. For the most part they are a brotherhood, any one from the outside that offends one of them they ban together.

Totally agree. They may criticize each other amongst themselves but they will never do it publicly - they will definitely stick together. Most authoritative , enforcement officials will become defensive, not reflective when they believe their authority has been questioned.

Most of the 75 had to try more than once since they didn't get the call right the first time.

My favorite post this week. Thank you Toga.

TV Teddy threw out an Auburn fan the other day. And we all know how raucous that Auburn basketball crowd can be...
I thought I read after the OKState/Smart fiasco that a referee could not do anything about directly disciplining a fan but could only call a T on the home team.

Lol, first of all the guy looks like a 12 year old, and when you actually win something of relevance, then maybe you can make that statement.

Why can't Mick Cronin make that statement?

He has every right to.

Why can't Mick Cronin make that statement?

He has every right to.

Because he is not Boeheim or Coach K, he has every right to be upset, but why even bring up two hof coaches?

Lol, first of all the guy looks like a 12 year old, and when you actually win something of relevance, then maybe you can make that statement.

Let's keep in mind that we're going to have a coach with 0 career wins taking over soon. I doubt any of us would be ok with referees getting in his face.

The coaches stature shouldn't matter. It's not the refs jobs to be fanboys of the legends. They are referees, and how big of a name the coaches are should not come into play in anything the referees do.

Let's keep in mind that we're going to have a coach with 0 career wins taking over soon. I doubt any of us would be ok with referees getting in his face.

The coaches stature shouldn't matter. It's not the refs jobs to be fanboys of the legends. They are referees, and how big of a name the coaches are should not come into play in anything the referees do.

I wouldn't be ok with someone getting in Hopkins face, I have no problem with him being upset, Valentine was out of line, but don
t bring up two hof coaches to make your argument, its just silly.

Because he is not Boeheim or Coach K, he has every right to be upset, but why even bring up two hof coaches?

That would be a compliment. He didn't pick those 2 because they are middle of the pack.

Talk about nitpicking.

That would be a compliment. He didn't pick those 2 because they are middle of the pack.

Talk about nitpicking.

It was a compliment, but he was trying to make the argument that he isn't getting the same treatment that two legendary coaches are getting.

Its like in baseball when the 320 hitter gets the benefit of the doubt on a close pitch, for a 250 hitter its a strike.

It was a compliment, but he was trying to make the argument that he isn't getting the same treatment that two legendary coaches are getting.

Its like in baseball when the 320 hitter gets the benefit of the doubt on a close pitch, for a 250 hitter its a strike.

no... that would be like if cronin said you dont see that out of bounds call go against syracuse or duke.

The ref basically challenged cronin to a fight. It was more like what marcus smart did to the super fan.

Valentine deserves to be suspended. I dont think there is a debate there.

no... that would be like if cronin said you dont see that out of bounds call go against syracuse or duke.

The ref basically challenged cronin to a fight. It was more like what marcus smart did to the super fan.

Valentine deserves to be suspended. I dont think there is a debate there.

I agree with everything that you say, but why even mention two hof coaches?

"The issue is Valentine, he's lucky he didn't get punched right there."

"Valentine's always been antagonistic, he's always talked trash to players, he's always acted like the game is above him... he's not even close to being a great official. A great official doesn't do that. But all these guys hire him and I don't understand it. I've never understood it quite frankly. That's totally on him. He's lucky he didn't get hit."

This clip is why Dakich is so refreshingly blunt and honest as a college basketball analyst. The wide majority of people in college basketball are reticent in calling out anybody - coach, official, player, or anyone in between. But being outspoken and unafraid to criticize, Dakich can call a spade a spade and tell the truth about TV Teddy. Maybe if more people in college basketball were willing to speak out in the same way, the entire sport would be better served.

Dan Dakich rightfully destroys Ted Valentine

Expert opinions vary on the topic of college coaches sideline behavior

Yes, he's complaining that a referee was completely out of line and disrespectful towards him...and he's right that a ref would never do that to a legend like Boeheim or K.

And he's right. Refs shouldn't act like that towards any coach, regardless of their accomplishments. I don't see where he's wrong. He deserves some basic respect just like any other coach.

Orangeyes said:
"The issue is Valentine, he's lucky he didn't get punched right there." "Valentine's always been antagonistic, he's always talked trash to players, he's always acted like the game is above him... he's not even close to being a great official. A great official doesn't do that. But all these guys hire him and I don't understand it. I've never understood it quite frankly. That's totally on him. He's lucky he didn't get hit." This clip is why Dakich is so refreshingly blunt and honest as a college basketball analyst. The wide majority of people in college basketball are reticent in calling out anybody - coach, official, player, or anyone in between. But being outspoken and unafraid to criticize, Dakich can call a spade a spade and tell the truth about TV Teddy. Maybe if more people in college basketball were willing to speak out in the same way, the entire sport would be better served. Dan Dakich rightfully destroys Ted Valentine Expert opinions vary on the topic of college coaches sideline behavior

I couldn't get the audio unfortunately, but liked what I read.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom