Midnight Madness was very well done.... | Syracusefan.com

Midnight Madness was very well done....

cto

Administrator
... and it was great having two SU "homers" doing the broadcast on espn3. JB has historically not liked Midnight Madness events, but even he seemed to be having fun tonight.

There should be an NBA lockout every year. Alumni game was really fun.

... and it was great having two SU "homers" doing the broadcast on espn3. JB has historically not liked Midnight Madness events, but even he seemed to be having fun tonight.

The homers were a nice touch. I liked the "you bleed orange, we bleed orange" at the end

How could DaJuan Coleman not have wanted to be there for that...given that he's a Syracuse guy and had to grow up watching those guys.

I enjoyed it greatly, although the camera work could have been better. Does anyone have a complete list of the former players there? John Wallace was incredible. I did not see Rosie play; did he get on the court?

I enjoyed it greatly, although the camera work could have been better. Does anyone have a complete list of the former players there? John Wallace was incredible. I did not see Rosie play; did he get on the court?

i wrote it down as players were announced ... this is what i have sims, autry, roe, moten, wallace, green, hak, triche, coleman, washington, shakleford, bouie, waldron, devendorf, rautins, gmac, flynn, johnson, hopkins, owens, melo... Not all played

Guys they showed that did not suit up included DC, Owens, Rosie, Pearl,Triche, Hop. Guys that played included GMAC, Moten,
Devo, Andy, Donte, Jonny, Wes, JDub, Matt Roe, Hak. That's just off the top of my head.

i wrote it down as players were announced ... this is what i have sims, autry, roe, moten, wallace, green, hak, triche, coleman, washington, shakleford, bouie, waldron, devendorf, rautins, gmac, flynn, johnson, hopkins, owens, melo... Not all played
Thanks, Joyce. It would be nice if the PS or somebody posted pictures of all the former players, as not all were caught on screen, at least not at the same time their names were called.

Forgot that Waldron played a little bit. Didn't see or hear Shackelford's name. Autry got some good facetime on TV.

One of my favorites always used to be the yearly alumni game and seeing our former players. It's great seeing those guys having so much fun not only with each other but with their coaches and current team.

They still have so much enthusiasm for their time at SU and the fans don't ever forget them either. Not only a nice legacy but I think it must be a real recruiting plus for recruits to see the love and respect the alumni receive and conversely how they feel about the fans and staff.

I greatly enjoyed myself but the sound system was terrible. We couldn't hear a thing that was said, including the introduction of the players. The Legends game was something I will never forget. I was in awe. My 25 year old daughter loved it, too, but she didn't know most of the players. We didn't get an autograph or picture. When we got there at 7:00 the lines were incredibly long. I wonder how many of those people made it to the players? I did stand next to Billy Owens who was by the blue curtain signing everything in sight, but left before I could get to him. I don't think he played. The funniest thing was Derrick standing on the sidelines while our team was playing and swatting the ball out of bounds. I also enjoyed how often Melo blocked shots, and his good-natured smile the entire time. The dunk contest was just embarrassing. I believe that out of 12 attempts, only 3 were made. It was terrible! I think the kids were a tad on the nervous side. All in all, a not-to-be-missed experience. Now I'm going to try to find a replay of it so I can hear what was said!

How could DaJuan Coleman not have wanted to be there for that...given that he's a Syracuse guy and had to grow up watching those guys.
To give him the benefit of the doubt, he's seen the dome atmosphere since he was a kid. Time to see what else is out there...

To give him the benefit of the doubt, he's scene the dome atmosphere since he was a kid. Time to see what else is out there...
I agree. Look if we end up with Nerlens as opposed to DC, have we really lost that much? Honestly if I were DC and saw what was on the court last night...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom