Might cut the cord | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Might cut the cord

I'm probably canceling YouTube TV after the tourney until football starts up. I can live with not having live TV for four months, or just buy an antenna for $20 or whatever and get my local channels. Maybe I'll get the Sling package that has ESPN for baseball.

I'm probably canceling YouTube TV after the tourney until football starts up. I can live with not having live TV for four months, or just buy an antenna for $20 or whatever and get my local channels. Maybe I'll get the Sling package that has ESPN for baseball.
Yeah I'm thinking about this too.

YouTube Tv increase does stink. Obviously due to the NFL contract they just negotiated. But it doesn’t effect me as much. I paid for the 4k add on which was 20 dollars a month which will come down to 10. I actually will be saving 4 dollars a month with this change.
4K content is so limited though .

4K content is so limited though .
I do it more for the unlimited streams than the 4k honestly. If it was only 4k I may not subscribe to it. I have 2 TV’s in the living room. Projector that comes up during football season and bar room tv for the arcade area. I don’t have a man cave yet. But that alone is 4 streams. Not to mention the TV’s upstairs that may be in use. Yes, it’s excessive but I don’t want to be limited with only 3 streams.

I finally dropped direct tv for YTTV. Went from $150/month to $64, and I'm happy enough so far where the new bump in price doesn't bother me much.

What does bother me is the family sharing thing. I've tried to add my mom's email, and when I log in as her to complete the process it just give me an option to start a whole new plan, not simply add her as a user. It's been frustrating, I might give them a call.

Right, going from a cable package to Fubo, and you didnt lose and channels or features. LOL.
I did not lose any channels - I gained some - and didn't lose any "features".
(I don't watch nor do I care to watch CNN - ever - before and after the Boeheim yard sale last week)

If I get YT TV here living in NC, will I be able to watch all Syracuse FB & BB programming that’s on the ACCN?
Any chances some or all would be blacked out here?
Read earlier that a family member using YT TV can share with another family member.
Could this work for two states NC and MD?

If I get YT TV here living in NC, will I be able to watch all Syracuse FB & BB programming that’s on the ACCN?
Read earlier that a family member using YT TV can share with another family member.
1-ACC network is part of YTTV package.

2- Games picked up by YES, you would have to watch on Watch ESPN. But it would be available in your area because you don’t have YES. New York people get blacked out when the game is on YES because YTTV doesn’t have YES network. If they did play a North Carolina team, it is possible the game would be on an equivalent to YES in NC and then you would also be blacked out and need to watch it on that channel. Not sure if any local NC channels broadcast games.

3- Yes you can share. There are 2 different ways. You can split the 3 streams. Any time a fourth stream would start the first stream would cut out. You are only allowed 3 concurrent streams.

3b- you can pay an extra 10 dollars for 4k and 20 streams. Some channels still limit to only 3 streams but it’s only like 3 channels I believe. Your “home” address would be able to stream as many streams as you want. Your secondary address would only be able to use 2 streams. If that family member opened up a 3rd stream, you all would be kicked out of everything down to 3 total streams.

I’m not the best explainer, hope this helps. Ask if you got anything else.

1-ACC network is part of YTTV package.

2- Games picked up by YES, you would have to watch on Watch ESPN. But it would be available in your area because you don’t have YES. New York people get blacked out when the game is on YES because YTTV doesn’t have YES network. If they did play a North Carolina team, it is possible the game would be on an equivalent to YES in NC and then you would also be blacked out and need to watch it on that channel. Not sure if any local NC channels broadcast games.

3- Yes you can share. There are 2 different ways. You can split the 3 streams. Any time a fourth stream would start the first stream would cut out. You are only allowed 3 concurrent streams.

3b- you can pay an extra 10 dollars for 4k and 20 streams. Some channels still limit to only 3 streams but it’s only like 3 channels I believe. Your “home” address would be able to stream as many streams as you want. Your secondary address would only be able to use 2 streams. If that family member opened up a 3rd stream, you all would be kicked out of everything down to 3 total streams.

I’m not the best explainer, hope this helps. Ask if you got anything else.
No more questions, you were very informative thank you.

If something is on the main ACCN it is not blacked out on YTTV, period. If it is on ACCN Xtra, it is not blacked out, but you will have to use the ESPN app to get the game. It's still free, however. You'll just select it off the ESPN app menu, pick YTTV as your provider (scroll to the bottom of the alphabetical list), log in, and the game will come on. Some RSN games can be blacked out (the YES games CU44SE mentioned), but it depends on whether the RSN that has the game is part of your YTTV package which is based on your location. For me, the mid-Atlantic RSN isn't, so I can watch the RSN games on the ESPN app.

YTTV seems better and you get locals. Only issue is no NFL package and concurrent users.

Let me just tell you guys about my March madness experience. Hulu has not worked for more than 2 minutes at a time of any game. Anyone else experiencing this ? I missed the last 6 mins of the Duke game and Twitter has been going off. I’m switching to YouTube. Unacceptable

It’s definitely been miserable lately.

My workaround for sports has been using AirPlay from my iPhone or iPad using the Hulu app. Have had zero issues since.

I switched from Spectrum internet (300/10) to T Mobile 5G Home (400-500/20-40) for a cost reduction of $40/month

Next up is cable service. A decent antenna will give me the local networks (ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox) with a little selection of additional digital channels. TiVo OTA DVR - $500 one time cost.

For cable-y channels Philo is now $10 off/month (for 12months) thanks to T Mob... They offer a decent selection of non-local channels with their own DVR (1 year retention on 'recorded' shows) $25/month -$10

I have Disney +/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, so that will have to cover sports...

The only unknown for now is Sunday Ticket. My daughter goes to an early college high school, so the past three years I've subscribed to the college Sunday Ticket sub for $99...not sure what will become of it with Yahoo

Go Bills! Go Orange!

After a year of Philo I can reevaluate the TV offering. Unless the service from TMobile takes a dump, its supposed to be locked in at $50/month for ever. We'll see about that.
Or maybe Spectrum wants me back at a better rate. Or maybe ATT finally gets fiber over here.

I switched from Spectrum internet (300/10) to T Mobile 5G Home (400-500/20-40) for a cost reduction of $40/month

Next up is cable service. A decent antenna will give me the local networks (ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox) with a little selection of additional digital channels. TiVo OTA DVR - $500 one time cost.

For cable-y channels Philo is now $10 off/month (for 12months) thanks to T Mob... They offer a decent selection of non-local channels with their own DVR (1 year retention on 'recorded' shows) $25/month -$10

I have Disney +/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle, so that will have to cover sports...

The only unknown for now is Sunday Ticket. My daughter goes to an early college high school, so the past three years I've subscribed to the college Sunday Ticket sub for $99...not sure what will become of it with Yahoo

Go Bills! Go Orange!

After a year of Philo I can reevaluate the TV offering. Unless the service from TMobile takes a dump, its supposed to be locked in at $50/month for ever. We'll see about that.
Or maybe Spectrum wants me back at a better rate. Or maybe ATT finally gets fiber over here.
YTTV is adding Sunday Ticket I believe

This is the thread that just never dies... And it is the most boring thread of all time, discussing TV packages...
I mean it is a thread about TV packages, how exciting can it possibly be.

Good read. Nothing surprising here. As a nation we are saturated in entertainment options. I was just telling my wife the other day there are like 20 shows we want to catch up on which will take years and be a perennial list until we retire... that's not even getting into sports. If you look globally, we have so many more sporting events televised with a following than most nations focused on just a few. Then you add the collegiate aspect and that balloons further. It's honestly too much and with all the streaming never understood how it could be sustainable in terms of the high revnue figures it was generating as this article points to in "peak cable".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom