Mike and Cooney made zone look easy | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Cooney made zone look easy

GooseMutt

All Conference
I can really now appreciate how well they shifted and adjusted seamlessly and had so many steals and deflections. Most all Cuse players are super athletic and court smart but few worked as hard and diligently as those two. If we were able to get our front court to that level this year I can't imagine many teams beating us.

I can really now appreciate how well they shifted and adjusted seamlessly and had so many steals and deflections. Most all Cuse players are super athletic and court smart but few worked as hard and diligently as those two. If we were able to get our front court to that level this year I can't imagine many teams beating us.
They did for sure, MCW and Triche might have been even better. Imo Howard and Battle have a chance to get to that level

Scoop and Andy was pretty solid. Neither were great athletes either but man could they play passing lanes.
I thought AR closed out on a 3pt shooter as well as any SU player i have ever seen in 2010. Not quite like Hak in 2003 title game but still...

Not as good as MCW and Triche. Scoop and Triche were good too. What makes the 2-3 amazingly good is when all 5 shift at the same time in unison. We've had some really good defensive teams over the last few recent years. If this group really buys in to what coach is teaching they will be unstoppable with the way this team plays on offense.

We dont get an ACC title or get to FF on offense alone. Would need a defensive effort like last year in tourney...imo