Mike and Mike | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Mike

OrangeBeer

Walk On
I generally don't give the talking heads very much weight, but it does worry me that both Bruce Pearl and Dan Dakich predicted W. Michigan to upset us. I worry about every game and especially about tournament games, and as a three seed, there is that nagging worry in the back of my mind, but I certainly expect us to win. How deep are your worries about the WMU pulling the 14 / 3 upset on us today?

Seth Greenberg (who has us going to the Elite 8) put us on upset watch on SportsCenter.

I generally don't give the talking heads very much weight, but it does worry me that both Bruce Pearl and Dan Dakich predicted W. Michigan to upset us. I worry about every game and especially about tournament games, and as a three seed, there is that nagging worry in the back of my mind, but I certainly expect us to win. How deep are your worries about the WMU pulling the 14 / 3 upset on us today?

not even slightly worried. NC State looked pretty good the other night, so that loss is shaping up to not have been as catastrophic as many are making it and the source of much of the worry. But it was a bad enough loss to light a fire under the players. Look for some will being imposed today, Cuse by double digits.

We know how close this game will be after 10 minutes. If we are hitting shots we aren't losing. If we are struggling offensively then it will be tight. I still expect to win by about 8-12 pts though.

On a scale of 1-10, my upset worrying is currently at a 2.

If we shoot under 35%, we can lose to any team in this field...

We know how close this game will be after 10 minutes. If we are hitting shots we aren't losing. If we are struggling offensively then it will be tight. I still expect to win by about 8-12 pts though.

Agree on the 10 min mark, you can usually get a real good feel on where a Syracuse game is headed after that point.

I am worried to the point of convulsing for a regular season game vs Cornell.

I have issues.

I heard some of that, but what is their reasoning for thinking WMU has a chance?

If were being objectful Syracuse hasn't really been upset in the tourney since 2005 and Vermont. I dont consider the Texas A&M game an upset for various reasons that I think are pretty obvious. The last couple times Syracuse was placed on upset alert we actually won pretty easily. I think some of the national media picks goes back to Vermont and some of the early exits in the 90's.

I always worry, so it doesn't matter. Just a nervous fan come game day.

Pearl HATES SU and has for a long time. Basically because he hates zone defense which in his view is sissy basketball. So he ALWYAYS picks against SU and generally insults us. Dakich can't get over the BC game and is just picking against all the teams that come into the tourney with a losing streak. Greenberg is a case...picks SU to the Elite 8 then spouts about being on upset alert...make up your mind Seth.

Absolutely concerned. Why shouldn't we be? They have a better C than guys who have owned Rak/Keita in the past. A physical lead guard. I'm most worried about foul trouble to Rak. We can't shoot any worse can we?

Considering we recently lost to BC and Ga. Tech, two teams that are probably worse than WMU, I'm definitely concerned. But not overly. JB has been really good in first round games since 2005 and I think SU will win today.

They have to pick someone with a high seed.

I'm usually lacking confidence going into most SU games, but not today. I better be right.

I think the main worry for us is that W. Michigan has a legit 6'10 big man who will get NBA looks, and also a lead guard who can light it up. I'm definitely worried, but I think we'll be ok. They have 1 fringe NBA players; we have 3 for sure NBA players.