Mike and Mike | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike and Mike

jdubs30 said:
I think the main worry for us is that W. Michigan has a legit 6'10 big man who will get NBA looks, and also a lead guard who can light it up. I'm definitely worried, but I think we'll be ok. They have 1 fringe NBA players; we have 3 for sure NBA players.

How many NBA players did GT and BC have combined?

dakich calling for the upset is surprising, hes usually all over the cuse.

I thought so too. I certainly hope he's on tomorrow and someone calls him on that.

like someone said above, ever since Bc he pretty much thinks our season is over

I generally don't give the talking heads very much weight, but it does worry me that both Bruce Pearl and Dan Dakich predicted W. Michigan to upset us. I worry about every game and especially about tournament games, and as a three seed, there is that nagging worry in the back of my mind, but I certainly expect us to win. How deep are your worries about the WMU pulling the 14 / 3 upset on us today?

I don't respect Pearl or Dakich very much.

I generally don't give the talking heads very much weight, but it does worry me that both Bruce Pearl and Dan Dakich predicted W. Michigan to upset us. I worry about every game and especially about tournament games, and as a three seed, there is that nagging worry in the back of my mind, but I certainly expect us to win. How deep are your worries about the WMU pulling the 14 / 3 upset on us today?
Worry is praying for bad things to happen.

I was certain we would win. But what I wanted to see was us playing well.

I hadn't felt this confident about a first round game in years honestly. I just kept going back to the fact that the first time these guys played EMU with that Rob Murphy zone, they scored 39 points. Multiply that zone by 10 and the talent level right along with it, and none of us should have been concerned.

Tell me a story about Cuse in 03 as a 3 seed .

exactly, that's what struck me. I often agree with what Dakich says. He ususally seems pretty knowledgeable.