Class of 2016 - Mike Bibby Jr. (AZ) transferring from South Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Mike Bibby Jr. (AZ) transferring from South Florida

The saddest thing about them looking at Bibby is that it confirms I am old :(. I remember squeezing for Bibby and Simon big time in the battle of the Wildcats championship after UK beat J-Dub in '96. A few more vids I found. Sign me up for the camp that supports the bringing him in. I assume he would be a four year guy and the roster is going to need a couple of those after the 2017-2018 season. Also I kind of see a shade of "Steph Light" in his game ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39sdIqb5Pck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_dG3icxzj0&feature=youtu.be
Old! Old! I remember watching Henry Bibby as a 25year Old

His shot mechanics are horrible and will not directly translate well to ACC basketball. Needs serious work on shot setup, elbow and wrist placement, shot release point, and quickness. Major overhaul required IMO.

It's an insanely quick release. If he can get it in the hoop with that release at 40% or better who cares how it goes in.

His shot mechanics are horrible and will not directly translate well to ACC basketball. Needs serious work on shot setup, elbow and wrist placement, shot release point, and quickness. Major overhaul required IMO.

So you're saying there's a chance ...

What about this guy over spike me I feel like we need another guard with or without Mr. Richardson

What about this guy over spike me I feel like we need another guard with or without Mr. Richardson

Well with gillon in the fold spike isn't coming.

I guess it depends if you value him over some of the 2017 guys who are elite.

Old! Old! I remember watching Henry Bibby as a 25year Old

Me too. I saw him play at The Spectrum as a 76er a few times, I'm the 78-80 era. Probably still have his autograph. Damn. His GRANDSON?! Where the hell did my life go?

What's up with this kid's knees? A lot of heavy-looking gear on them.

Bibby wears a knee brace because he tore his meniscus. Here's a great article that explains why he may be underneath the radar.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/michael...re-offers-after-missing-time-with-knee-injury
Since Malachi's not in the equation for next year I really don't ever see a roster with 3 guards

And now with the all the talk about thompson and Omer I think I'm going to go enroll at SU and be a walk on and be the fourth guard !

I mean are we a player in the Biby sweepstakes

I know he's a 3 to 4 star guy but our we gonna play with 3 backcourt players again next year

Since Malachi's not in the equation for next year I really don't ever see a roster with 3 guards

And now with the all the talk about thompson and Omer I think I'm going to go enroll at SU and be a walk on and be the fourth guard !

I mean are we a player in the Biby sweepstakes

I know he's a 3 to 4 star guy but our we gonna play with 3 backcourt players again next year

It appears most likely we will roll with three guards.

Why is everyone saying his shot looks broken? That looks like phenomenal form to me. I'm no shot doctor, but that looks an awful lot like Steph Curry's form.

We'd take this kid in a heartbeat now, or at least we should.

Got PLENTY of open scholarships currently, and a dearth of D1 guards.

Why is everyone saying his shot looks broken? That looks like phenomenal form to me. I'm no shot doctor, but that looks an awful lot like Steph Curry's form.
I'm no coach either, but his shot looks awful to me. A two-handed push shot. A product of not being strong enough to shoot the ball correctly. Something he likely started as a kid, and has never moved on from.

The big difference that I see is his left hand is much higher on the ball than is technically preferred. So it looks like he is releasing it with 2 hands, but I don't think he is. That left hand should only be his guide hand, coming off the ball as he releases it with his shooting/R hand. But with his L hand so high it does look different, Steph keeps his left hand lower, so you notice it coming off of the ball moreso than with Bibby. It is not technically perfect, but not many shooters are, it looks very much like his Dad's did, and if he can have half the career his Dad did, we want this kid as a rotation guard.

It's terrible form. His right hand isn't behind and under the ball, it's to the side. That's why it's more of a two-handed push shot. If he ever hurts his right thumb, he's in trouble. But it doesn't matter what it looks like if it goes in. I just think it'll be hard being effective at a high level with that form. It's crazy how uncanny his game is compared to his father's. Same footwork on the shot, same old manish type game without great quickness.

Why waste a scholarship? If Arizona didn't offer a legacy, I think that's a bit of a red flag. Not to mention we just pushed a bunch of kids out who weren't good enough to play here. Kaleb looked much better in his HS tape than Bibby does.

Why waste a scholarship? If Arizona didn't offer a legacy, I think that's a bit of a red flag. Not to mention we just pushed a bunch of kids out who weren't good enough to play here. Kaleb looked much better in his HS tape than Bibby does.
I agree, based on the one video, I don't see anything he would provide that Adrian Autry Jr. couldn't.

That's kind of where I land on things, as well. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding someone, if there's a backcourt prospect out there who might be able to contribute. Maybe a JUCO combo guard type rental, who would serve as an insurance policy, add depth, push the guys in practice, and be equipped to contribute if called upon to do so. Think: the backcourt version of Kristof Onganet.

But just adding a warm body for the sake of a warm body doesn't make sense. If Kaleb Joseph, who'd been a starter the previous year and was JB's hand picked successor for Tyler Ennis, couldn't get off of the bench last season in a year when we barely had guard depth, a marginal prospect sure isn't going to.

Last edited:
Think: the backcourt version of Kristof Onganet.
hey glad you brought KO up, RF, I was just thinking about him. I'm trying to remember how late the staff "found"him and brought him in - wasn't it that summer, i.e. a couple months before the season started?

hey glad you brought KO up, RF, I was just thinking about him. I'm trying to remember how late the staff "found"him and brought him in - wasn't it that summer, i.e. a couple months before the season started?

It was definitely late. From what I understand, Hopkins "discovered" him. We had an open scholarship, and originally, I believe they just brought him in as a practice body, never expecting him to play. Kid was athletic and a hustler, just not very polished offensively.

Then we had some injuries, and had to move some guys around. All of the sudden, he's forced into playing major minutes and actually starting quite a bit over the course of two seasons.

It was definitely late. From what I understand, Hopkins "discovered" him. We had an open scholarship, and originally, I believe they just brought him in as a practice body, never expecting him to play. Kid was athletic and a hustler, just not very polished offensively.

Then we had some injuries, and had to move some guys around. All of the sudden, he's forced into playing major minutes and actually starting quite a bit over the course of two seasons.
I would love at least one Kristof on every team. Man he was tough.

I would love at least one Kristof on every team. Man he was tough.

My favorite Kristof memory was his Sr year when we beat Georgetown in the Dome in OT and he was thrown out for elbowing Dajuan Summers in the face. After the game I saw him out to eat at Alto Cinco and my girlfriend (at the time) and I went up to him and gave him a high 5.

May 8, 2007 he signed with us. I'm on vacation this week so I have plenty of time to look for random information like this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kristof_Ongenaet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom