Mike Brey Fires Back at JB | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Brey Fires Back at JB

The reason why this is a pathetic response by Mike Brey and a terrible article is because it omits what JB was responding to - which was Jack Swarbrick's comments that the presidents of "these" institutions were only thinking about themselves and not the bigger picture of what was good for the conference and for college athletics as a whole.

If Swarbrick doesn't make those comments, then JB doesn't respond the way he did. Brey's comments are to JB's comments but demonstrate how JB was right - ND only cares about themselves and have no business criticizing ANYONE else for not taking into account the entire conference no less all of college athletics.

Yes, we finally get it Irish. You've taught us well. Look out for only #1. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

The reason why this is a pathetic response by Mike Brey and a terrible article is because it omits what JB was responding to - which was Jack Swarbrick's comments that the presidents of "these" institutions were only thinking about themselves and not the bigger picture of what was good for the conference and for college athletics as a whole.

If Swarbrick doesn't make those comments, then JB doesn't respond the way he did. Brey's comments are to JB's comments but demonstrate how JB was right - ND only cares about themselves and have no business criticizing ANYONE else for not taking into account the entire conference no less all of college athletics.

Yes, we finally get it Irish. You've taught us well. Look out for only #1. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Exactly! Brey's comments were actually stupid since they never addressed the issue brought up at all. We all know that ND has been consistent in ignoring what is best for the conference in order to put their own singular wants ahead of any collective benefit for the greater good as Brey confirmed. JB was responding to Swarbrick's (ND's AD) immediate criticism shown below:

"I don't understand it. How do you vote as a collegiate president on something that has the potential to provide some benefit for your institution and the conference you're affiliated with but has a very negative consequence for a host of other members of the academy, as presidents like to call it?
"I'd like to know how much of these discussions are: What's right? What is the best thing for the larger enterprise, and how many other schools would be adversely impacted?

Unbelievable statement which JB rightfully called Swarbrick on. Brey's statement was a weird, illogical attack on JB without addressing any of the real issues JB addressed and asked about. No one denied that ND has been consistently and publically self-serving . Funny how Swarbrick attacks other institutions for not being selfless, loyal to each other for the sake of conference unity which they have always exempted themselves from. Arrogant position of- do as I say, don't dare do what I do.

This is the type of dialogue that gets mixed up in the shuffle as time goes on. It's a lot like politics where truth often gets twisted by whoever has the podium and speaks the loudest...and captures the media's attention.

History gets revised and the truth gets obfuscated. Let's hope that this ND BS isn't accepted as "the story".

I'm 100% Italian...born & raised under strict Roman Catholic principles...ND/Catholicism/hypocrisy are all synonymous...and I approve of your post too...

I too am 100% Italian (Napolitan); born/raised under strict Roman Catholic tenets; mentally scarred for life by oppressive guilt, family over-emotionalism, 12 years of Catholic parochial schooling, and rote memorization of the catechism; and married to a fair Irish lass...and I also approve of your post.

I'm the only half Italian/Half Irish poster on the site?

I dumped the church when I was 18..

I approve of the post and much prefer Italian food to Irish. No contest.

I am the Holy See and I approve this message.

I'm the only half Italian/Half Irish poster on the site?

I dumped the church when I was 18..

I approve of the post and much prefer Italian food to Irish. No contest.

I'm not quite half and half (I have some Hungarian and Russian and Native American thrown in), but I'm also Irish/Italian.

Is the food comparison even a question?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom