Mike 'Doc' Emrick retiring as hockey play-by-play broadcaster | Syracusefan.com

Mike 'Doc' Emrick retiring as hockey play-by-play broadcaster

I'm not much of a hockey guy, but man this sucks. He has one of the best voices in sports broadcasting history.

I'm not much of a hockey guy, but man this sucks. He has one of the best voices in sports broadcasting history.

There's little to no love lost between him and Caps fans. His disdain for the team came through in every broadcast, especially when the Caps played Pittsburgh. Two of the many great things about winning the Stanley Cup for Caps fans was that Emerick was doing the Western Conference playoffs so we didn't have to listen to him during the Caps run and winning the Cup was a big "Up yours!" to him as he had to sit there and describe it.

Bob Cole was the best. Hands down

nothing compares to Cole doing those spring leafs playoff games in the old Maple Leaf Gardens..particularly those leafs / blues series where Gilmour would destroy

nothing compares to Cole doing those spring leafs playoff games in the old Maple Leaf Gardens..particularly those leafs / blues series where Gilmour would destroy
And Harry Neale doing the color commentary. He was very good. Dry, witty humor

And Harry Neale doing the color commentary. He was very good. Dry, witty humor

Neal was surly bastard as well. I really hated it when they moved into the new building..the Old MLG had some serious personality. things even sounded differently there. there was a very distinct sound of the puck off the glass in that barn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom