Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Francesca back to WFAN 3-7

you've long established your position on being wrong about NYC radio.

no need to keep throwing gasoline on it.

Radio, who you like, who others like is subjective, just like music, comedy etc. But about Francesa being sometimes wrong, no, the guy just came off horribly the past few months on non stop endless inaccuracies, and it has been that way for a while now. But kiss the ring if you must.

Rosenberg kills that show.
He ruined the Carton interview and is honestly so bad he hurts the flow.

Mike has lost his fastball and just mailing it in now. I want to like Francesa but he is just so out of touch now.
Funhouse has destroyed him on Twitter how that feed hasn’t been blocked is amazing.
Backafterdathis just highlights every mistake he makes and that is getting a lot of social media attention.

I will say the ratings war spin was stupid. Kay’s show included online streaming and Francesca’s didn’t. Thus Kay didn’t really win and it’s stupid for him to claim victory when it everything was equal Francesa wins.

But Francesa has lost a lot of ground in the battle with Kay. That's pretty clear no matter how u measure it.

Radio, who you like, who others like is subjective, just like music, comedy etc. But about Francesa being sometimes wrong, no, the guy just came off horribly the past few months on non stop endless inaccuracies, and it has been that way for a while now. But kiss the ring if you must.

Past few months?

Once again, ESPN claims Michael Kay beat Mike Francesa by using numbers that ignore WFAN’s streaming

"For the second straight quarter, ESPN PR sent out a release claiming Michael Kay 'beat' Mike Francesa, citing numbers that include Kay's streaming feed and don't count Francesa's."

I listened to Francesa when I was young, but now, both of these shows epitomize all that I dislike about sports radio.
The thing is Francesca wins if you count the online stream numbers which Kay’s numbers include.

Once again, ESPN claims Michael Kay beat Mike Francesa by using numbers that ignore WFAN’s streaming

"For the second straight quarter, ESPN PR sent out a release claiming Michael Kay 'beat' Mike Francesa, citing numbers that include Kay's streaming feed and don't count Francesa's."

I listened to Francesa when I was young, but now, both of these shows epitomize all that I dislike about sports radio.

I will take Francesa over Kay's shown anyday. When Big mike is rolling there is no one better. His rants against the Jets/Mets etc are legendary.

I will take Francesa over Kay's shown anyday. When Big mike is rolling there is no one better. His rants against the Jets/Mets etc are legendary.
I would take Francesa talking NY sports over the crap Boston sports radio has become.
While the rest of the country hates Boston teams because of all the winning the local Boston radio hosts make their livings trolling the hell out of the fanbases with negativity like the teams are losers. If you listened to Boston sports radio on the Patriots you would think Kraft is cheap and the team blows.

NY sports fans need to appreciate Mike. While he has become lazy he doesn’t troll fans and he cares about the teams.

Michael Kay is 10x the interviewer IMO.

And Im a Red Sox fan.

Agree re Boston sports radio. Its gross.
Francesa is a phenomenal interviewer. It’s another thing he sorta wrote the book on.

Kay’s show is just so fake, I can’t stand it sometimes.

When shlit hits the NY fan, people flock to Mike, not Kay. Baseball is on cruise control but if things break bad for the Yanks this fall, no one will care about Kay’s thoughts.

Same with the Giants or Jets.

Kay isn't awful but mike is a legend. They need to get rid of Bart Scott and Chris Carlin they are a train wreck.

I guess I will just agree to disagree. Maybe because I am a non NY-NJ native but I just find Francesca so pretentious and over the top. The best thing about that show left when Russo walked out the door.

As an aside I dont listen to either any more, but when I worked in NYC and didnt have satellite or podcast options, I was always listening to Kay vs Francesca

Francesa is a phenomenal interviewer. It’s another thing he sorta wrote the book on.

When shlit hits the NY fan, people flock to Mike, not Kay. Baseball is on cruise control but if things break bad for the Yanks this fall, no one will care about Kay’s thoughts.

GybEJVj.gif

Francesa's interviewing style is to try to impress the interviewee and the audience with how much he knows. He's a hideous interviewer. His former running buddy is a far better interviewer tho he has his faults as well.

The Winnipeg Jets posted this classic tweet on Twitter today and may or may not knew that today was his 70th birthday. Definitely honored one of the best phone calls ever in sports talk history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom