Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

Which would be irrelevant, if JB insists on playing his son for 38 minutes at the 2, which forces Griffin to the 3.

Imagine how different we'd be athletically / defensively if we started Kadary, played Griffin at the 2, and played Guerrier / Marek at the wings.

Zone would be a weapon, we'd have a ton more size, and we'd be on-par athletically with other teams in the conference.
Isn't it ironic that 5 years ago we were all pissed that "skill" players like Buddy and Joe were glued to the bench in favor of "long" players like Kadary who would be a great fit for a zone?

I fully admit the above is a straw man argument because Buddy and Joe basically have one skill and it doesn't play every night. But I think it's absurd how JB is seemingly changing his own rules... or he's completely done a 180 in strategy from defense first to offense first.

I hate to beat a dead horse but man we need changes at the top.

Isn't it ironic that 5 years ago we were all pissed that "skill" players like Buddy and Joe were glued to the bench in favor of "long" players like Kadary who would be a great fit for a zone?

I fully admit the above is a straw man argument because Buddy and Joe basically have one skill and it doesn't play every night. But I think it's absurd how JB is seemingly changing his own rules... or he's completely done a 180 in strategy from defense first to offense first.

I hate to beat a dead horse but man we need changes at the top.

Those “long players” couldn’t shoot, pass, or dribble though.

We’ve been struggling to get guys that are good at many aspects of the game.

I think this years freshmen are promising in that regard, with Benny projecting to be the same. So hopefully it’s getting better.

I think your weird for continuing to spam this thread with the same post. And you should be more respectful of dasher.
I said weird, fine, end it, but then he copies his own post and reposts it and I'm the one "spamming"?

Thanks for being one more poster that I can put on ignore
Trust me, we know who makes up the cabal of ppl who stick together and harass new posters who fairly criticize Boeheim and the program and said ppl in said cabal. Posts like this never surprise me.

In the ish storm that JB was trying to talk his way out of this week, he did mention two things that have worked against him as he was taking some accountability for where our team and talent level has been.

First he mentioned sanctions of course, as he should.

Second he mentioned the loss of Hop. It would not surprise me in the least if he has begun thinking more seriously how/if he can get that transition back. Obviously will be much harder now, but It struck me that he pointed that out specifically as a reason for our below expectations reg seasons since then.

In the ish storm that JB was trying to talk his way out of this week, he did mention two things that have worked against him as he was taking some accountability for where our team and talent level has been.

First he mentioned sanctions of course, as he should.

Second he mentioned the loss of Hop. It would not surprise me in the least if he has begun thinking more seriously how/if he can get that transition back. Obviously will be much harder now, but It struck me that he pointed that out specifically as a reason for our below expectations reg seasons since then.
That’s like blaming the cop for the DWI, instead of your drinking and driving. His program, his sanctions.

Last edited:
That’s like blaming the cop for for the DWI, instead of your drinking and driving. His program, his sanctions.
Reminds me of when President Reagan would say someone has to tell those people back in
Washington to cut spending. Well, who is in charge back there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom