Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

he was an assistant coach here for like what ? 23 years ? if your dream and goal in life is to be a HC ...that's a long time to sit on the bench. i mean you could actually be coaching your own upper classmen hemorrhoids.

Last edited:
Being a no-trick pony killed him.
He ran into some incredible bad luck at the worst times that third year, after that it’s been a downward spiral, I don’t understand how someone like Hop doesn’t have any tricks in the bag, especially when you’re losing game after game and not changing anything. He doesn’t seem like a stubborn guy.

Wouldn’t an NBA assistant coaching job be a big salary reduction for Hop with no NBA coaching experience?

Wouldn’t he make more as the #1 assistant coach on a NCAA program?

Wouldn’t an NBA assistant coaching job be a big salary reduction for Hop with no NBA coaching experience?

Wouldn’t he make more as the #1 assistant coach on a NCAA program?
It depends. There are ass'ts in the NBA that make more than 1 million a year. But it is rare. Almost no ass'ts in college make that much. But the floors would be pretty close.

He ran into some incredible bad luck at the worst times that third year, after that it’s been a downward spiral, I don’t understand how someone like Hop doesn’t have any tricks in the bag, especially when you’re losing game after game and not changing anything. He doesn’t seem like a stubborn guy.
His team played man to man this year which might have started last year.

Sucks for Mike hoped it worked out better for him. It will be interesting where the rest of his career takes him. Not much room for a zone-only team in this day in age of basketball.

Sucks for Mike hoped it worked out better for him. It will be interesting where the rest of his career takes him. Not much room for a zone-only team in this day and age of basketball.
Offense was by far a bigger problem for him. He had two McDonalds All Americans and had a losing record. They have regularly been one of the worst shooting teams in the country since he’s been there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom