Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

I was kinda hoping JB'd be able to keep coaching until Buddy is able to take over, after his NBA career & a few seasons as an assistant... ;)
Who says he can't?

Feel bad for Hop, has his son Griff on the roster now.

I remember when folks were pissed when he started grabbing guys SU normally lands, Ham Wright, Nate Roberts, Stewart, Quade transfer. All recruits on the east coast. It sounds like he never established his connections out West and now the well back East has dried up. I don't see him turning it around there, it will depend on how long they can tolerate the losing at UW.

Agree 100%.

Thats interesting.

Maybe McDaniels should have considered playing basketball better while at UW. I’m sure that would have helped his and the team’s situation. Ashes to ashes.

Washington’s record went downhill when they switched from Nike to Adidas. Hop can’t be blamed for that!;)

Tour not talking about hoo's are you? He is my favorite non-Syracuse poster. Very knowledgeable

I can't remember which one really grinded my gears. I ignored one after they won the 2018 title.

Another ugly loss for Hop and UW.

He is likely headed for back to back last place finishes. And before people chime in about how awful UW has always been, they’ve never finished last place back to back in...well I can’t tell you because I’d have to go back a long time. Romar never did it.

He is likely headed for back to back last place finishes. And before people chime in about how awful UW has always been, they’ve never finished last place back to back in...well I can’t tell you because I’d have to go back a long time. Romar never did it.
What’s the point ?

What is the stuff on Twitter about how he left a sexual predator on the team or something

what is that about

You don’t like Hopkins.
We get it.
My god why are you posting here on Hopkins.
Go to the Washington board and bitch about him.
You don’t create debate you want to troll and cause @itchfests back and forth.

Hopkins team sucked last year, it sucks this year. We get it.
Go and encourage your AD to do something instead of trolling us.

You don’t like Hopkins.
We get it.
My god why are you posting here on Hopkins.
Go to the Washington board and bitch about him.
You don’t create debate you want to troll and cause @itchfests back and forth.

Hopkins team sucked last year, it sucks this year. We get it.
Go and encourage your AD to do something instead of trolling us.

Well said. I truly don't understand why he gets off by providing these constant updates to us.

You might not but if Hop has multiple losing seasons and then comes here to be HC, most would have significant reservations. And rightfully so. What top program brings in a losing coach (who NEVER had a losing season) to take over from a legend? Would like you to name one. It would be viewed as a massive fail by the AD.

Welp one of my many 2021 wishes just failed.

Also there is a UW board now. You will have to hunt for it( should make for a fun few years of searching) but it's got your name all over it.

After a couple really good seasons at UW, it’s been all downhill for Hop at UW.

The team bottomed out last season with two first round picks. Also lost his starting PG to academic ineligibility.

He completely missed on some big time local recruits. Guys Romar likely would have brought in. Beachamp, Hickman, Banchero, and Nowell all chose to play elsewhere.

The latest blunder is his top returning scorer, Naz Carter, is ineligible for violating NCAA rules.

UW is picked to finish near last next season. The seat is getting hot. I think if UW struggles again, with no incoming recruits, UW could move on.

FWIW, I was really excited about Hop, and was a big Hop believer. I really hope it works out for him at UW, but with how it’s trending I don’t think he will be here much longer.

2 really good seasons was winning pac12 coach of the year twice. 1st time no tournament 2nd time barely made it bubble team.

boeheim is fired by the fans daily for being on the bubble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom