Mike Hopkins and UW | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins and UW

Normally this thread only gets used after Washington loses. They beat UCLA last night so it seemed weird and then I noticed oh people are talking about his replacement. It's crazy Tinkle still has a job.
UCLA has sure had its issues this year wonder how joining the b10 (or big 30 or
whatever ) will affect them or if they’ll bounce back.

UCLA has sure had its issues this year wonder how joining the b10 (or big 30 or
whatever ) will affect them or if they’ll bounce back.
The Big 10 has Purdue and Illinois this year and the rest of the conference is not very good. I don't think the Big 10 will be much different than the Pac 12. I think UCLA is one of those jobs that is always good or a sleeping giant because they have great history and such a deep pool of local kids to recruit from. I lives down there like 20 years ago and the general population likes UCLA and thinks it cool but thinks USC is the university of spoiled children. Not sure if that has changed.

The Big 10 has Purdue and Illinois this year and the rest of the conference is not very good. I don't think the Big 10 will be much different than the Pac 12. I think UCLA is one of those jobs that is always good or a sleeping giant because they have great history and such a deep pool of local kids to recruit from. I lives down there like 20 years ago and the general population likes UCLA and thinks it cool but thinks USC is the university of spoiled children. Not sure if that has changed.
Aunt Becky agrees

Hops Huskies look like a dangerous team to me. I don't know what the situation with Kapneng is, but even without him , they could beat anybody.

Would he be willing to come back and be an assistant to Red?Still fairly young and probably wants to work at something.Maybe head coaching isn’t his strong suit but recruiting seemed to be just fine.

Would he be willing to come back and be an assistant to Red?Still fairly young and probably wants to work at something.Maybe head coaching isn’t his strong suit but recruiting seemed to be just fine.

He should go the Quinn Snyder route and find himself to an nba bench. Go be an assistant and try to move up that way. His college career may be over at any big program for a while. He was a very overrated coach at wash. I was 100% wrong. Thought he would win big there

You’re funny.
The Pac12 is a strange league. A team like USC is loaded with high end talent but only shows up once in a while. They go to UW and take a lead and UW comes back several times, and USC says hell no we're not losing this game. They would have won a lot more games it they played with that kind of will all season.

Looks like Hop is almost certainly getting canned at UW. Would you guys want him back as an assistant on Red's staff? I know we've talked about bringing him back as head coach, but I don't remember if we've talked about assistant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom