Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns

Not disagreeing with you. Although Indiana is top-15 this season already and never had a had a stretch of more than 3 seasons without being ranked during conference play. Syracuse is on its way to its 9th straight season without being ranked in conference play.
Holy mackerel. That is perspective. I knew it was bad but not that bad. Terrible.

Holy mackerel. That is perspective. I knew it was bad but not that bad. Terrible.

It is worse than that. We have only played ONCE in a game where we were ranked Top 25 (tied for 25th at that) past 12/5 the last 8 seasons. That was on 12/15. So if this team fails it will be 9 seasons where we have not played a game ranked Top 24 past December 5th!!! Football season isn't even over yet.

We also haven't been any higher than a 6 seed in the ACCT since our 1st season.

I think he needs to commit to shaving the head. He can pull it off. He's still hanging onto that hair style that now starts so much further back.

If my head didn't look like a watermelon that's been stabbed a couple dozen times, I'd do the same thing. (plus my wife said if I try it, one of us is leaving this house).
that’s why u need a hand puppet alter ego.

That’s who u make leave the house….

It is worse than that. We have only played ONCE in a game where we were ranked Top 25 (tied for 25th at that) past 12/5 the last 8 seasons. That was on 12/15. So if this team fails it will be 9 seasons where we have not played a game ranked Top 24 past December 5th!!! Football season isn't even over yet.

Nor have we ever won consecutive games in the ACCT to date...still yet to even make a conference semi-final. This, along with what you and others have posted, is such an overwhelming absolute of our program's fall from grace. :(

It appears that Hop is making $3 million this year, and his contract expires at the end of 2025. That could be extended for 1 year for every NCAAT he makes.
His buyout after this year would be $1.5 million.

Nor have we ever won consecutive games in the ACCT to date...still yet to even make a conference semi-final. This, along with what you and others have posted, is such an overwhelming absolute of our program's fall from grace. :(

Since Louisville joined the ACC, we are 7th in conference regular season play. Although we have a few teams right on our tail, as 10th is closer to us than we are to 6th.

UVA 113-34 ---
Duke 104-44 (-9.5)
UNC 97-49 (-15.5)
FSU 87-58 (-25)
Louisville 84-59 (-27)
ND 80-68 (-33.5)
SU 74-72 (-38.5)
Miami 74-75 (-40)
VA Tech 71-72 (-40)
Clemson 71-75 (-41.5)
NC State 62-85 (-51)
GA Tech 58-89 (-55)
Wake 46-102 (-67.5)
Pitt 42-104 (-70.5)
BC 33-110 (-78)

It appears that Hop is making $3 million this year, and his contract expires at the end of 2025. That could be extended for 1 year for every NCAAT he makes.
His buyout after this year would be $1.5 million.
That is doable question. Why should Red be held accountable for JBs program.

yeah but those three tourney runs...

Not disagreeing with you. Although Indiana is top-15 this season already and never had a had a stretch of more than 3 seasons without being ranked during conference play. Syracuse is on its way to its 9th straight season without being ranked in conference play.

What does "being ranked in conference play" mean?

After Dean retired they went to the NCAA tournament 3 out of the next 4 years and made it to two final fours. Matt Dougherty had one brutal season and then a mediocre year before he was let go.
Not up to NC standards at all. Wasn't Guthrie the first replacement or am I misremembering. Even Ollie won a Natty in year one and then he set UCONN back pretty far.

Let’s give some context here for the Washington loss to Cal Baptist (whatever that is, lol). UW’s star transfers Keion Brooks (from Kentucky) and Noah Williams (from Washington State) have been sidelined with injuries the past few games. Brooks is expected back soon. UW’s leading scorer has been a freshman 3-star who’s really surprised so far. They’ll be better once those transfers are back.

Last edited:
Let’s give some context here for the Washington loss to Cal Baptist (whatever that is, lol). UW’s star transfers Keion Brooks (from Kentucky) and Noah Williams (from Washington State) have been sidelined with injuries the past few games. Brooks is expected back soon. Their leading scorer has been a freshman 3-star who’s really surprised so far. They’ll be better once those transfers are back.

Brooks played 29 minutes against this team called Cal Baptist. Maybe they will be better with the other guy back but brooks is plying and no reason to ever lose to cal Baptist.

Cuse

Let’s give some context here for the Washington loss to Cal Baptist (whatever that is, lol). UW’s star transfers Keion Brooks (from Kentucky) and Noah Williams (from Washington State) have been sidelined with injuries the past few games. Brooks is expected back soon. Their leading scorer has been a freshman 3-star who’s really surprised so far. They’ll be better once those transfers are back.
That and Hop is an illusion.

Not up to NC standards at all. Wasn't Guthrie the first replacement or am I misremembering. Even Ollie won a Natty in year one and then he set UCONN back pretty far.Not up to NC standards at all. Wasn't Guthrie the first replacement or am I misremembering. Even Ollie won a Natty in year one and then he set UCONN back pretty far.
Not up to Carolina standards?Guthridge was 1st after Dean and went to Tournament every year with two Final Fours. Dougherty had a couple down years and then Williams took over. Dean Smith wasn’t exactly John Wooden in the Tournament so I’m not sure what standards you are talking about.

Hop is a great guy and good recruiter, but is a lousy game coach. He’s really clueless on the sidelines. More cheerleader than coach.

I'm thinking Cal Baptist is really pretty good. have an international roster with transfers from Georgetown and Utah. Made the CBI last year. New player in SoCal basketball being located in Riverside.

I'm thinking Cal Baptist is really pretty good. have an international roster with transfers from Georgetown and Utah. Made the CBI last year. New player in SoCal basketball being located in Riverside.