Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Hopkins to the Phoenix Suns

Girard, in the right situation, is a decent enough player. He is surrounded by much better players now. This is his 5th college year. He should never have played 30-35 mpg for 4 straight years at SU. Ever.

He was also miscast as a point guard for the majority of his career. That's Boeheim's fault.

Circumstantial evidence to prove your point. But sure, I was the main reason he left. Give me a break.

There are 3 current starters on SU's team who are fine 5th-6th-7th men on a good team. We can and should want to do better.
Where did I say you were the main reason Girard left? Good god.

I think a good amount our fans had a deranged opinion when it came to him, but that’s not the point.

I think most people expected Westry and Benny to start at forward. Bennys problems were mostly JB’s fault when it came to the board. Now the goalposts have been moved because Red didn’t foresee injury and Benny going awol in the offseason.

The amount of responsibility being put on Bell and Taylor is more than what anyone thought it would be. Let them develop. We will be better for it in the long run. The lack of patience with Red is frustrating, but predictable. Some of you need to be reminded this is not JB still coaching. You’re lumping in previous years with this one.

Not for nothing, but this take by you is getting old considering you were one of our former Shooting Guards biggest critics and now he’s the second leading scorer on a top 20 team. And Boeheim was the reason Benny stink, but lets keep wanting to run guys off though.
So many H0T Takes to either ,blame JB or Red depending on one’s personal preference. Benny has had some issues regardless who the coach has been.

All I said is that as currently constructed, our roster is weaker than UW. And all things considered, I would have chosen Hopkins. All things are not equal. And I am hopeful he can get it going again with more talent. But make no mistake, we have below bubble team level talent on this team overall.
I don’t agree with this. We don’t have the talent we used to have but it’s good enough to make the tourney with some good coaching.

Just saying. They have more talent than our team. Is this not an SU forum?

Happy UW is having success with Hopkins. I think he would have been a better choice. Personal opinion.
He may have a better lineup this year, but that’s not what you said. Man up and admit your post was far more negative than you’re trying to spin it now.

He may have a better lineup this year, but that’s not what you said. Man up and admit your post was far more negative than you’re trying to spin it now.
I absolutely did say that. Please point out where I said anything else.

OT!

Come on Hop let’s win this by 5+.

Would be nice if my ESPN+ feed stopped being glitchy w no sound.

Moot point. Red is the coach, he deserves our support and loyalty. I a huge JAB fan. I am so grateful for what he did, it is now Red's turn and Red's show. Mike left, coaches for a rival school, and while always apart of the family is not a part of our team. That was his choice. I think the team is exciting and developing. I enjoy watching them, still room to improve but getting better.

Moot point. Red is the coach, he deserves our support and loyalty. I a huge JAB fan. I am so grateful for what he did, it is now Red's turn and Red's show. Mike left, coaches for a rival school, and while always apart of the family is not a part of our team. That was his choice. I think the team is exciting and developing. I enjoy watching them, still room to improve but getting better.
Cool.

This wasn’t about that

First five conference games all against the programs around them in standings. Opportunity to separate.

I think this could buy him some security. I mean will this kid stay committed to Washington if Hop wasn't there?
You may be right, but the right hire can jump start recruiting pretty quickly. So I'm not sure one recruit will save him if they don't make the tourney for a 5th straight season. They're off to a pretty good start with the win over Gonzaga and none of their 3 losses look to be totally disastrous, so hopefully he does it this season.

I subscribe to the school of coaching per John Thompson, your ability to coach is proven or disproven come February. Not December, not January, but what has been developed and is on the floor in February.
I always saw considerable improvement in Big John’s teams in February, I might add much to my frustration.
So come February I will begin to evaluate Red’s performance. Not saying I will make a final judgement, as that will require perhaps two more seasons to determine, save some catastrophe meltdown.

I subscribe to the school of coaching per John Thompson, your ability to coach is proven or disproven come February. Not December, not January, but what has been developed and is on the floor in February.
I always saw considerable improvement in Big John’s teams in February, I might add much to my frustration.
So come February I will begin to evaluate Red’s performance. Not saying I will make a final judgement, as that will require perhaps two more seasons to determine, save some catastrophe meltdown.
How do you feel about what happens on January 31 and March 1?