Mike Jones Scores Three TD's | Syracusefan.com

Mike Jones Scores Three TD's

Would be interesting to hear the rebuttal on some of those accusations.

Would be interesting to hear the rebuttal on some of those accusations.

Does engineering have an entrance exam? I am pretty sure that business is not a major either.

Who cares really? Show me a 1A player who left to play at a lower level who isn't slightly bent towards their original program. Just a question if they choose their air grievances publicly. Again, BFD.

Who cares really? Show me a 1A player who left to play at a lower level who isn't slightly bent towards their original program. Just a question if they choose their air grievances publicly. Again, BFD.
There are people who are interested in former players. Not everything is for everyone. The subject line is clear, if you aren't interested you are under no obligation to open the link.

There are people who are interested in former players. Not everything is for everyone. The subject line is clear, if you aren't interested you are under no obligation to open the link.
don't think he was criticizing you posting the article OE - seemed like the who cares was related to the fact that the kid sounds bitter toward SU

I dont even remember who he is...

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. Mike Jones was a running back and return man who showed flashes of being a very good player for Syracuse University. He was here in 2008 but did not play until the 2009 season. In 2010 they tried to turn him into a receiver and many felt that was a reason why he left.

Here is his bio

Here is an article about his departure

Now if you had said, "Who's Mike Jones?" I would know you were kidding.

I was bummed when he left. The kid had talent and speed to burn.

Wasn't there also a highly touted Mike Jones from SC that left the hoops team?

Wasn't there also a highly touted Mike Jones from SC that left the hoops team?
We may be the only D1 school in the nation to lose a player with the same name in basketball & football in a three year span. Both players had great potential. The basketball Mike Jones was the 4A player of the year in South Carolina three times and was also named Mr. Basketball in the state in his senior season..

don't think he was criticizing you posting the article OE - seemed like the who cares was related to the fact that the kid sounds bitter toward SU
Makes sense.

He's good buddies with Max Suter, and they are constantly fishing together. If he's bitter, nobody cares.

I wish the kid luck, but show me someone who left from Syracuse during the "purge" (December 2008-August 2010) after Marrone came in that excelled at another Division 1 school... I do think that Mike Jones could have been a good player for Syracuse if he had stayed.

I can think of 3 players who've had some success in D1 or D1AA. David Legree, Nick Speller, and Jeremiah Harden... am I missing anyone? I know that Trey Fairchild did well, but it was at the DII or DIII level.

How come Mike doesn't mention that SU coaches wanted to move him to WR and he didn't want to move - that he wanted to be a RB?

I wish the kid luck, but show me someone who left from Syracuse during the "purge" (December 2008-August 2010) after Marrone came in that excelled at another Division 1 school... I do think that Mike Jones could have been a good player for Syracuse if he had stayed.

I can think of 3 players who've had some success in D1 or D1AA. David Legree, Nick Speller, and Jeremiah Harden... am I missing anyone? I know that Trey Fairchild did well, but it was at the DII or DIII level.
Walkon kicker Ryan Novak who was purged, remained at the university, got his degree and is now a successful businessman making chocolate pizza's in the Village of Marcellus. He and Trey were best buddies.

The Chocolate Pizza Company

Jeremy Horne had a great career at UMass, and was on the KC Cheifs roster last year. Gilbeaux had a good career at U. Delaware and made the Tampa Bay roster. Kareem Jones and Reggie McCoy had decent careers at Delaware State. Other SU-1AA transfers include Michael Kay (Norfolk State) and David Legree (Hampton), who was wived by the Colts this summer.

I don't know the backstory behind Jones' departure, but I'd imagine that SU's engineering program (like Newhouse) is extremely competitive, and Jones may simply not have had the credentials to get in.

How come Mike doesn't mention that SU coaches wanted to move him to WR and he didn't want to move - that he wanted to be a RB?

That's why I said I would like to hear the rebuttal. Is it high on my priority list? Not even close. But when I hear players say they can't major in what they want, I just find it interesting. Would be mildly interested to know if that's the really the case. Guessing it's not.

I can't tell if you're being facetious or not. Mike Jones was a running back and return man who showed flashes of being a very good player for Syracuse University. He was here in 2008 but did not play until the 2009 season. In 2010 they tried to turn him into a receiver and many felt that was a reason why he left.

Here is his bio

Here is an article about his departure

Now if you had said, "Who's Mike Jones?" I would know you were kidding.

No i really cant remember who he was.

He's now pursuing a degree in Industrial Technology from Millersville University (honestly, I've never heard of it).

Industrial Technology is not an engineering degree, as far I as know. I have no idea about the quality of education from Millersville. My guess is that it isn't showing up on any USN&WR Rankings.

I call the B.S. on the academics excuse.

He's now pursuing a degree in Industrial Technology from Millersville University (honestly, I've never heard of it).

Industrial Technology is not an engineering degree, as far I as know. I have no idea about the quality of education from Millersville. My guess is that it isn't showing up on any USN&WR Rankings.

I call the B.S. on the academics excuse.
Never heard of Industrial Technology or Millersville University?

"Industrial technology is the field concerned with the application of basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of industrial engineers and managers. Industrial Technology programs typically include instruction in optimization theory, human factors, organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, and report and presentation preparation.

Planning and designing manufacturing processes and equipment is a main aspect of being an industrial technologist. An Industrial Technologist is often responsible for implementing certain designs and processes. Industrial Technology involves the management, operation, and maintenance of complex operation systems."
Source

Millersville University is a public university located in the northeast region of the United States, offering programs embracing the liberal arts. Founded in 1855 as the first Normal School in Pennsylvania, Millersville University is one of 14 universities within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Source

Jeremy Horne had a great career at UMass, and was on the KC Cheifs roster last year. Gilbeaux had a good career at U. Delaware and made the Tampa Bay roster. Kareem Jones and Reggie McCoy had decent careers at Delaware State. Other SU-1AA transfers include Michael Kay (Norfolk State) and David Legree (Hampton), who was wived by the Colts this summer.

I don't know the backstory behind Jones' departure, but I'd imagine that SU's engineering program (like Newhouse) is extremely competitive, and Jones may simply not have had the credentials to get in.

I was referring only to guys that left after Marrone took over... Jeremy Horne left after the 2006 season, as did Kareem Jones. Reggie McCoy was also gone before Marrone showed up. Sounds like Gilbeaux is one that I was missing...

Never heard of Industrial Technology or Millersville University?

"Industrial technology is the field concerned with the application of basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of industrial engineers and managers. Industrial Technology programs typically include instruction in optimization theory, human factors, organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, and report and presentation preparation.

Planning and designing manufacturing processes and equipment is a main aspect of being an industrial technologist. An Industrial Technologist is often responsible for implementing certain designs and processes. Industrial Technology involves the management, operation, and maintenance of complex operation systems."
Source

Millersville University is a public university located in the northeast region of the United States, offering programs embracing the liberal arts. Founded in 1855 as the first Normal School in Pennsylvania, Millersville University is one of 14 universities within the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
Source
I've heard of Industrial Technology. I always viewed it as a "light" science degree - not heavy on the high levels of mathematics required for an Engineering degree.

But until today, I had never heard of Millersville U.