Mike Jones Scores Three TD's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mike Jones Scores Three TD's

No i really cant remember who he was.
I remember precious few "one and done" players at SU. Being that he was here in the "Dark Time" does not help him survive in my memory banks.

Does engineering have an entrance exam? I am pretty sure that business is not a major either.

I took comp sci at the Cuse and did not have to take an entrance exam ... just a Calculus placement exam to see if I started out in Calc I, Calc II or Calc III

That's why I said I would like to hear the rebuttal. Is it high on my priority list? Not even close. But when I hear players say they can't major in what they want, I just find it interesting. Would be mildly interested to know if that's the really the case. Guessing it's not.

I don't necessarily doubt it because I've heard similar stories at other schools but there are always 2 sides to the story. Maybe he couldn't get accepted in the school of engineering? Could also have been a GRob thing.

Marrone has some players majoring in engineering. Ford, Trudo and Lynch come to mind.

No i really cant remember who he was.

Me neither. I remember the basketball Mike Jones, who didn't want to sit behind Super Paul Harris, and had his career flame out in a series of transfers.

Whitman School = business.

He said he wanted to major in business which I found funny because it isn't a major as far as I know. It would be like someone saying they wanted to major in TV. Sure they could go to Newhouse but it isn't a major and kinda sounds like he really had no plan at all.

I wish the kid luck, but show me someone who left from Syracuse during the "purge" (December 2008-August 2010) after Marrone came in that excelled at another Division 1 school.
Transfers from one D1 school to another in football are really, really rare. We happen to have two right now, but you don't see it like you do in hoops.

Me neither. I remember the basketball Mike Jones, who didn't want to sit behind Super Paul Harris, and had his career flame out in a series of transfers.
Mike Jones the rapper?

My Dad is a Millersville grad... never though I'd see Pop's alma mater on the 'cuse board. Classic.

I was bummed when he left. The kid had talent and speed to burn.

very true on the academic points...penn st. was the school. first hand and he is a great kid who is helping the troubled youth in his area.

don't mock him if you don't know him.

How come Mike doesn't mention that SU coaches wanted to move him to WR and he didn't want to move - that he wanted to be a RB?

w.r. small part of it...academics was the huge part

I'm pretty sure Jim McKenzie was some crazy major like biochemistry. Rob Trudo's in the LC Smith Engineering school. Sure there are more players in there. Nassib's in the Whitman Accounting Master's program.

I'm sure it was just that Jones didn't have the grades to get in.

very true on the academic points...penn st. was the school. first hand and he is a great kid who is helping the troubled youth in his area.

don't mock him if you don't know him.

I remember you telling me about his academic angst long before he left.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

My Dad is a Millersville grad... never though I'd see Pop's alma mater on the 'cuse board. Classic.

My Dad's response to the article on Mike Jones...

"Glad Mike Jones made a "step up" in his career! Go 'Ville!"

Dad