Mike Lindsley interviews fake Shane Spencer | Syracusefan.com

Mike Lindsley interviews fake Shane Spencer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...of-radio-impersonation-in-steroid-allegations

They are talking aobut ion Bud and the Manchild, saying that this isn't like Mike at all and wondering if the producer set this up because he has some kind of agenda.

When Lindsley was working in the Syracuse market, he came across as someone who liked to have his hand in everything regarding his own show, so I'm doubtful he would delegate too much control to his producer on matters such as screening his guests.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theory -- looks to me like a case of sloppy work. The bottom line is that Lindsley and his producer need to be more vigilant in verifying the identities of their guests if they want to maintain a semblance of credibility and remain in the business.

When Lindsley was working in the Syracuse market, he came across as someone who liked to have his hand in everything regarding his own show, so I'm doubtful he would delegate too much control to his producer on matters such as screening his guests.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theory -- looks to me like a case of sloppy work. The bottom line is that Lindsley and his producer need to be more vigilant in verifying the identities of their guests if they want to maintain a semblance of credibility and remain in the business.

Neither scenario is favorable to Lindsley. If he was in charge of the details, he screwed up. If he wasn't, then the people working with him must not have liked working with him very much.

And, while we're at it, what the heck kind of follow-up question is this?

Spencer: Well, I got a text today from a friend saying that he heard me on ESPN Radio and I said, “well that is interesting.” I thought it was a replay and that, so we kind of played back and forth a little bit. And he said some stuff that absolutely made no sense and then he sent me a link and I told him the last time I did an ESPN Radio interview was probably last summer.
And so, now all of a sudden he shows me the link and I start listening to the link and I probably didn’t get one minute into it and obviously I could tell that wasn’t me by the voice. And then I just started talking about me actually doing steroids which I was appalled and outraged and you obviously got a phone call back from me this afternoon.
It’s just very disappointing that someone would call in and use my name and put down my former friends and, you know, pretty much are teammates that are practically my family coming up through the Yankee organization. I’m just disappointed that it even came to this. And I’ve been here the last couple hours here with Mark, one of the guys helping me through all this stuff right now, and getting my name out there and trying to clear everything up.
It’s unfortunate, you know, it’s embarrassing. It really is embarrassing. Not only am I very upset that my name is out there because I am here working in New Jersey. I do a lot of stuff at Yankee Stadium, I work with kids, I’m a good role model and to see how this might affect me is very disappointing and I’m going to make sure that I clear my name out.
Lindsley: Okay Shane, is there anything else based on what you heard from the person who said that you used steroids, and don’t assume anything about guys like Rivera and Jeter. And anything about Roger Clemens?

Neither scenario is favorable to Lindsley. If he was in charge of the details, he screwed up. If he wasn't, then the people working with him must not have liked working with him very much.

And, while we're at it, what the heck kind of follow-up question is this?

Spencer: Well, I got a text today from a friend saying that he heard me on ESPN Radio and I said, “well that is interesting.” I thought it was a replay and that, so we kind of played back and forth a little bit. And he said some stuff that absolutely made no sense and then he sent me a link and I told him the last time I did an ESPN Radio interview was probably last summer.
And so, now all of a sudden he shows me the link and I start listening to the link and I probably didn’t get one minute into it and obviously I could tell that wasn’t me by the voice. And then I just started talking about me actually doing steroids which I was appalled and outraged and you obviously got a phone call back from me this afternoon.
It’s just very disappointing that someone would call in and use my name and put down my former friends and, you know, pretty much are teammates that are practically my family coming up through the Yankee organization. I’m just disappointed that it even came to this. And I’ve been here the last couple hours here with Mark, one of the guys helping me through all this stuff right now, and getting my name out there and trying to clear everything up.
It’s unfortunate, you know, it’s embarrassing. It really is embarrassing. Not only am I very upset that my name is out there because I am here working in New Jersey. I do a lot of stuff at Yankee Stadium, I work with kids, I’m a good role model and to see how this might affect me is very disappointing and I’m going to make sure that I clear my name out.
Lindsley: Okay Shane, is there anything else based on what you heard from the person who said that you used steroids, and don’t assume anything about guys like Rivera and Jeter. And anything about Roger Clemens?

That's appalling. Even after this fiasco, Lindsley appears to be fishing for something controversial from the real Shane Spencer, perhaps in an attempt to make a name for himself in the business. I've got news for you, Mike, you've already made a name for yourself.