Mike Rice suspended 3 games fined 50K by Buttgers | Syracusefan.com

Mike Rice suspended 3 games fined 50K by Buttgers

JeremyCuse

Renowned lacrosse analyst
Man another crown jewel moment in the RU athletic empire, who would have guessed its bee nearly 40 years since RU made the NCAA tournament.:rolling:

Man another crown jewel moment in the RU athletic empire, who would have guessed its bee nearly 40 years since RU made the NCAA tournament.:rolling:
what for? I would go to their site but for some reason, and I am serious I have no idea why, I am banned from there.

Got this from the rutgers board

From Baum: The suspension is a result of inappropriate behavior and language. The suspension does not involve any NCAA violations.

What is it with their coaches? Who was the guy a couple of years ago who made some of the team run around butt naked? I thought the Rice hire a good one- still may be. The program is cursed...and nobody for the Big 10-ish will care a whit about them.

What is it with their coaches? Who was the guy a couple of years ago who made some of the team run around butt naked? I thought the Rice hire a good one- still may be. The program is cursed...and nobody for the Big 10-ish will care a whit about them.

Kevin Bannon. Naked free throws if i recall correctly.

Mike Rice is a loose cannon.

It's something in the water. No really, it is.

The guy is a total maniac on the sidelines -- I'm surprised nothing happened earlier. He's basically like Frank Martin. I do think he is a good coach still. He really does care for his players it seems, and they have recruited well the past two or three years,

Didn't they have some other coach have an issue at a Rutgirls Baseball game? Wasn't it that idiot BB coach the preceeded Rice?

Didn't they have some other coach have an issue at a Rutgirls Baseball game? Wasn't it that idiot BB coach the preceeded Rice?
Fred Hill. He used naughty language directed at the Pitt coach. His father was the Rutgirls baseball coach at the time.

Apparently he had a melt down at practice. The AD said he never considered firing him.

Apparently he had a melt down at practice. The AD said he never considered firing him.
That's all that happened? $50k and 3 games for a meltdown? Seems...harsh.

The three game suspension may be good for Rutgers basketball. The assistant coaches are very good and some positive reinforcement could improve their play.

The three game suspension may be good for Rutgers basketball. The assistant coaches are very good and some positive reinforcement could improve their play.
Yeah right :rolling:.

didnt the rutgers baseball suspension involve the coach dressing up n disguise and trying to get back into the stadium?

didnt the rutgers baseball suspension involve the coach dressing up n disguise and trying to get back into the stadium?

th

I thought his guys played well for him the past couple years. Almost took us to overtime in his first season with a lively team, and that Biruta kid dominated Fab last year.

Too bad he's out of his mind.